Saturday, October 11, 2008

Coming Out of the Closet?

Yes, sports fans, today is National Coming Out Day, and I never knew there was such a holiday. This is the teen at Holiday Island High that everyone knew was gay before the teen figured it out, as opposed to the teen everyone knew was gay but actually wasn't. And here is our National Coming Out Day mascot, Daria, whom we always knew as gay but maybe wasn't, we're not sure. Or something. I dunno, it's early and I'm half awake.

Speaking of closets, does anyone know where this picture came from? I can't find a source for it anywhere. I can't even remember where I got it. Oh, well.

What else is going on . . . hmmm. Wikipedia informs me that thanks to "the implementation of the Gregorian calendar, this day does not exist in this year [1582] in Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain." So, 426 years ago, today did not exist. I trust that is perfectly clear to everyone.

Also, Saturday Night Live debuted 33 years ago tonight, and one of Upchuck's "fiestiest" women in history, per The Daria Diaries, was born today 124 years ago: Eleanor Roosevelt (and yes, I am aware of the irony of her being born on National Coming Out Day).

Oops! October 3rd was Lawndale Online's 1st birthday! Damn it! Hope it was a good one. See the proposed new look for the website, with S.C. artwork!

Confused about what this Ringbearers thing is? Click here for answers.

Latest addition to DariaWiki, out of many: Diana Peters.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: I have failed to notice that Dariaverse.com has been active for over a month or two now. Go thou there and marvel at the goodness. More soon.

No comments: