Today is also the day when, 516 years ago, Christopher Columbus discovered the capital of Ohio. And the U.N. says today is the 9th anniversary of the birth of the six billionth human (in current population, not since the dawn of time). Thus today is The Day of Six Billion. Whatever you do in celebrating that, don't add more people to the total, please (unless you planned it that way).
Want to blow up the sun and turn the results into a Daria fanfic? Try DAYLIGHT, on Dariaverse.com. The PPMB discussion thread is here, and the short-story thread is here.
Legendeld is trying to choose a new story. Oops, here's another entry on his blog. You should read this stuff, it's funny.
The latest DariaWiki entry: Let Vengeance Ring. Oops, several new ones since then. See Dariaverse.com.
The Daria Fan Club has over 1,000 members!
Some new and popular PPMB Iron Chefs:
- Schismatic, by Smileyfax (Part 5): Oh. My. God. Seriously, if this doesn't blow your mind, nothing will. *
- Size Does Matter, by HawkingRadiation, a.k.a. BlackHole (Part 1): The first part of the continuing saga, reposted here. Look for the rest soon.
- We're Worried There Might Not Be Anything Else, by Bella2008 (COMPLETE!): A seven-part on-target look into Daria's married life. You totally know something like this is going to happen. Magnificently done! Bravo! *
- Yet Another Day, by JPalmerS (COMPLETE!): September 11, 2001, and the classroom TV is on....
- Falling Into College 64: This is Now, by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!): A great tale now online at LO (love that acronym).
- Blood, Sweat, and Cheers, by Kristen Bealer (parts 1 and 2): "The F Word" goes horribly awry and produces a story that is awesome to the win power. Hang on for this one!
- Brave New World, by Doggieboy (Parts 1 and 2): “Please tell me they don’t use outhouses here,” Daria said. *
- Daylight: Ashes and Kisses, by legendeld (Parts 1, 2, and 3): "If you so much as whisper this brattle again, I’ll kill you.”
- Daylight/LLH: Tartarus, by Roentgen (Part 1): It's Zero Hour, and Lawndale is about to go boom.
- Daylight/Ringbearers: Before the Dawn Comes, by Brother Grimace: The sensation that always heralded a very bad prescient dream – Archangel was certain that was what he was having now – trickled at the small of his neck and down his spine. This is not going to be good, in any way, shape or form.
- Dealing with the Real World, by magnuskrauss (part 7): God, I don't know what I'd do without her, she thought. If something happened to Jane... I might lose my mind.
- End of the Line, by legendeld (Parts 1 to 5): “Someone has altered the time lines on this Earth, and we have to find out what they’re doing now." [I think this title has been used before in another Daria fanfic, but no problem. Remember this when creating a title for the DariaWiki page.—TAG]
- I Knew It! by legendeld (Parts 1 and 2): “It’s been so long, lover,” the unfamiliar woman said before kissing Daria passionately. [Love the beginning!]
- Mobius Strip, by legendeld (Parts 6 and 7): “We’re hiding out from some unknown threat and here you are oiled up and looking perfect.” [Part 7: Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!]
- Origins of the Ringbearers: Let Vengeance Ring, by Richard Lobinske (Parts 4, 5, and 6): "Jane, what I'm doing is going to be really dangerous." "These Ringwraiths can come back any time, right?" [Man, does this story have action!]
- The Other Side of Time: Unfinished Business, by The Sidhe (Part 3): Richard gave a slight frown. “Who is it, Sergeant-Major?” he asked. “It’s a courier from Richmond,” Horton said. “A Major Robert E. Lee, Junior.”
- The Quinn Show, by Disco316 (Part 4): A real eye-opener. A Daria/Truman Show crossover, done right and well told.
- The Sleeper Awakens, by durgarox (continued): He crawls out of the hungry ground, tearing out fistfuls of grass and peat before he is able to rise and stumble away from the open grave. [Daria/The Crow: Blooood on the moooon!]
- Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part II), by jtranser (continued): "We seem to be facing legions of organized psychopaths, power crazed buffoons, and immensely powerful evil beings with conflicting agendas." "That, and nobody makes decent pizza anymore."
- Tales of the Ringbearers: Security Blanket, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): Trent’s three friends had always believed that Jane had some sort of witch-like powers, and as a result never did anything to really piss her off.
- Turnabout Confusion Part II: All The King's Horses, by Dennis (continued): "Well," DeMartino growled, taking up the papers, "I've graded your tests. And to no one's surprise, your performances were dismal."
- Whose Whine Is It Anyway? by Disco316 (COMPLETE!): A very funny crossover between Daria and Whose Line Is It Anyway? "Ah, but the lifespan of a supermodel is not one where one can afford dawdle. When at last, her time is done, it's off she goes to VH-1."