Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hey, You Kids! Get Off My Lawn!

Quinn, with the help of a good makeup team, serves as today's mascot for International Day for Older Persons, also known as International Day for the Elderly, better known as October 1st. What is this kid like at Holiday Island High? An older person who is trying to get a diploma but keeps failing, per Kevin Thompson?

This is also the 68th anniversary of the opening of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, considered to be the very first American superhighway. I had thought the Autobahn was built before then, though, so I am not sure which was the world's first superhighway. Eisenhower was so impressed with the Autobahn after World War II that he put the Interstate plan in motion, but at least the P.T. was here first.

And a little something in Daria's arena: today is the 62nd anniversary of the founding of Mensa International. I am not a member (duh), but I put the date in here as I am a nerd and proud of it.

No comments: