Mark Twain's (a.k.a Samuel Clemens's) birth in 1835! She was a fan of his work, including Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, but it's still open for debate whether or not he was responsible for creating Huckleberry Hound.
Speaking of famous satirists, today is also the anniversary of Jonathan Swift's birth on this day in 1667. Swift was known for his story Gulliver's Travels and his essay A Modest Proposal, the latter of which advocated for eating babies. Satirically, of course, but don't tell that last part to the Fashion Club. I'd love to see their reactions.
- Play a new game: I Heard It In A Movie.
- mscoolbear has news for those who knew Ahmygoddess.
- Discuss the recent terror attack in London.
- What do you think about the riots in Iraq?
- Share your thoughts on the movie Terminator: Dark Fate.