Christopher Walken, born on this day in 1943. Since Mr. DeMartino is supposed to be based off of the actor, that only seems appropriate. Also, please enjoy Peetz5050's image manipulation of DeMartino/Walken, Weapon of Choice.
This is also the anniversary of the episodes "Malled" in 1997 and "The F Word" in 2000. Both episodes involve the Fashion Club going to the mall...but only one features kiwi-flavored lip gloss!
- Book Club (Daria and the Gang Thread II), by Roentgen (part 2): "Over the following week, Daria pondered her brief interaction with Sandi Griffin in the school lobby. She marked it down to Sandi's love of noir lit being an 'oddball characteristic', like that character in Charles Dickens (she couldn't remember who) that was businesslike at work but who had made his house into a miniature fort or something to repel borders."
- Danny Morgendorffer, by ST91 (part 35): "Daniel, furious for what had happened, marched with his head down toward Lawndale High."
- Daria: In Another World?, by starwater09 (part 5): "'So the camping trip should be fun.' Mack says to Kevin as they pack up their things after football practice. 'It'll be nice to get away for a bit.'"
- Daria of Morsang-sur-Orge, by Rémi (part 1): "It was Daria’s favorite part of the day, in fact the only satisfying part of it. It was still dark, although she could tell the sun was about to rise, and in the dark at least she wasn’t at a disadvantage."
- Edicius, by elainefr (part 26): "They stood at the Morgendorffer door her looking up at him and him looking down at her. They leaned in and gave a gentle brush of their lips."
- If Quinn Had Stayed... (IC : Quinn stayed at Stacy's place), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'What are you wearing?' Quinn asked as she stared at Stacy. The answer however was obvious, her bestie Stacy was wearing an exact copy of Quinn's favorite outfit, a pink baby-t with the smiley face and halo along with a pair of low cut jeans."
- It's Only Just a Pandemic, by DIsaac (parts 1 and 2): "We see Dani Moreno just sitting there. Eating and reading her show rundown when Jodie Landon the General Manager of the station and Daria Morgendorffer the Programming Director comes in" (Part 2)
- Sitting at Home (Iron Chef: QUARANTINE!), by JPAGC (part 1): "Sitting at her working desk in her home office, Daria Morgendorffer sighed for the umpteenth time as she surveyed the half-written, half-blank page displayed on her laptop screen."
- Shiva's Self Insert: The Sucksteemers (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Closing Walls of Scholl Morgendorffer and Casa Lane), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "So... Amidst the chaos of the beginning of 2020, what with the virus outbreak, the continuing train wreck of a certain orange-blob in the Oval Office, and the ever-looming uncertainty of loosing my lucrative job and a lack of credentials beyond 'College Dropout', stuck in quarantine I was spending my time at home, trying to conserve my resources, binging on Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube, and spending much of it in a drunken haze due to not having anywhere to go."
- The Stories in D, by Lady Evil (part 8): "Lark opened the rounded portal and had to squint at the blinding bright light that came spilling in. Just as her eyes started to adjust to the light, dozens of butterflies came at her and surrounded her."