Today is Ka Hae Hawaii day, or Hawaiian Flag Day, and Stacy is hula-ing for all she's worth. Of course, she won't be worth much once Sandi gets done taking her apart for wearing something as unfashionable as grass.
Also, happy birthday to J. K. Rowling, born on this day in 1965. There are a good number of Harry Potter fans in Daria fandom, so it shouldn't be surprising that there are also quite a few fanfic and fanart crossovers:
- Daria Morgendorffer and the Magic McGuffin by Ranger Thorne (fanfic)
- Daria Morgenpotter & The New Same-Old, Same-Old by Daniel Callahan (fanfic)
- Harry Butt-head by Deep Metal (fanart)
- Harry Potter and the Flack-Jacket Mafia by Canadibrit (fanfic)
- My Daria/Harry Potter (Fandom-Based) Crossover by Brother Grimace (fanfic)
- The One and the Other by JPAGC (fanfic)
- One Year Later by NightGoblyn (fanfic)
I have no doubt I'm leaving some out, so please feel free to let me know about any others in the comments.
- Wouter wants to know how proficient you are in English.
- Bad Movie Night fans rejoice: Brother Grimace shares the film Plan 9 from Outer Space.
- Speculate about Daria's 10 year reunion and where the characters might be now.
- A new article, "The Last Days of Big Law," could be relevant to Helen's hypothetical career.
- Dennis found a a small shoutout to our heroine on John Scalzi's blog.
- neonhomer wonders about resurrecting Outpost Daria.
- DIsaac posted a new Iron Chef in Creative Writing: Good Questions. Silly Snarky Answers.