Today is Workaholics Day, the holiday custom-made for Helen Morgendorffer. Helen is celebrating at work, of course, but only for a moment before she dives right back into those depositions.
This is also the anniversary of the episode "Mart of Darkness," which first aired on this day in 2000. Come for the gummy bears, stay for the command performance of Madame Butterfly in the automotive department.
- Collateral (Proposed IC: My Secret Baby), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): " There was a narrowly arced smile on her face, and the innocent glints in her eyes seemed to betray no menace. But that was what disturbed Quinn the most; it was one thing to see someone full-on embrace someone else for far more sinister purposes."
- Death and Rebirth, by ST91 (COMPLETE!): "He looked at his reflection in the mirror and smiled. For the duration of high school, to everyone except for his friends, he was Bob the Punk. Bob the Punk."
- Jane's Obsession, by BrownEyedBagel (COMPLETE!): "Random chaos started to turn into designed chaos. Minutes turned into hours. Hours turned into pizza and a shower followed by a few more minutes."
- LSD, by PrecambrianStudios (parts 8 and 9): "[So, whatcha think of the school so far?] Anna asked Daria as they walked home from school together." (Part 9)
- Mad Dog's Legacy Chapter 11: Wilderness Adverturers, by Hyrin (part 5): "Quinn looked down at her body as her aunt and grandmother scrambled to her. Where she had only a moment ago felt an overwhelming sorrow and a horrid stomach ache, she now felt a sense of relief and peace."
- Of All The People That Won't Be Missed, by LongSnakeMoan (part 9): "Something in his words seemed to stir something in Jae and from behind Ryan he saw her silently and slowly move as everyone's attention was fixed on him and the cop."
- The Punk and the Snark, by Shiva (part 11): "Dinner was very much the disaster that Daria had predicted it to be."
- Ride (LLH Mini), by RLobinske (COMPLETE!): "Blumenberg said, 'Cadet Springer, Ms. Morgendorffer, good afternoon. Please say hello to my guest, Capt. John Young. John, Cadet Springer is here for training from USAES and Ms. Morgendorffer is a Legion representative.'"
- Something (Slightly) Wicked, by macross (parts 3 - 4): "'Brittany maybe you could try to give me the correct answer, that is if you mind taking your attention off that BOOK first!'" (Part 3.5) (Part 4)
- Tom Sloane, Lax Bro, by Shiva (part 11): "Ok, so getting kicked out of Yankee Stadium sucked BALLS!"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: MY EYES THEY BURN!!), by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "'Daaaaaaaaaaaaaria!' Quinn called from the bottom of the stairs. 'Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaria!'"
- Untitled Random Story #2 (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: MY EYES THEY BURN!!), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "As Daria exhaled cigarette smoke in the shape of rings, Jane was at her side on the couch with a how-to book on the manufacture of crystal meth."
- What Goes On in His Night, by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "He sat up in bed, ever alert, just like every night. He was always reluctant to let sleep take him, because he knew if he closed his eyes, he would go back to where nothing was safe."
- What Now? (Proposed IC: My Secret Baby), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'So you asked me to come here to talk, so what's with the mute act?'"