National Mutt Day. I don't know for sure that Puddie-Pie, Fifi, Snuggles, and Bark are mixed breed, but I do know that they're adorable.
Today is also J. K. Rowling's birthday, and to celebrate let me offer you some Daria/Harry Potter crossovers. Enjoy!
- Chan's Crucible (Life After Thirty), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "Quinn, Jim and the three T's are at the kitchen table eating dinner. Jim said 'Chan lost his job today.'" (Part 3)
- Daria Ravenclaw: The Highland Years, by Meester_Lee (parts 78 - 80): "Daria was cleaning her room several days after Cuthbert and Mrs. Fink-Nottle had left Highland. It was going to be a long chore, she would not only be tidying up but also changing sheets and making her bed so she'd have someplace to sort and fold her laundry later." (Part 79) (Part 80)
- First One Out of the Pan, by EntrancedCat (part 2): "Daria sat contentedly in the front passenger bucket seat on the drive returning to Schloss Morgendorffer that afternoon. Without embarrassment she hugged the neck of the huge unicorn plushie with its long soft black hair, twisty golden horn and silver mane, the legs of which she had splayed over her lap."
- Happy Adversity, by Lady Evil (part 5): "Helen and Jake lay in bed one night, Helen poring over one of the many books the counselor gave her and Jake going over a Pokémon player's guide he picked up after work. 'I'm wondering if this book is really relevant.' Helen mused. 'It doesn't quite apply to our situation and the author has a pretty misty view of childhood.'"
- No Use Playing Dumb, by MorganAW (part 3): "'I think I'm finally finding out what it's like to be a Lane,' Daria said as they walked down the hall, blissfully close to the end of the year. 'That can't be since it's only afternoon and you're already out of bed.'"
- When The World Stood Still, by neonhomer (part 1): "'I'm not comfortable with heights.' Came Daria's voice over the phone. 'I know sweetie, but you did say you would help chaperone the trip with Jane.' Said Helen Morgendorffer, Daria's mother."