Thank a Mailman Day, but I don't recommend it. He seems to be channeling his inner Metal Mouth.
Today is also the day George Washington was elected president in 1789, at which point he apparently told a young lady that she was tardy. At least, that's what Brittany thinks. In real life I'm sure he was actually much more focused.
- Daria of the Milieu: Chasing Wormtrails, by Meester_Lee (part 1): "Wilmington! That was one of the hot stories this week. Every journo who could had dashed off to Wilmington with pens, paper, laptops, cell phones, and video cameras to interview the latest arrivals from Earth Gimel."
- Daria Ravenclaw: The Year of the Owl, by Meester_Lee (part 26): "Daria looked at her pocket-watch. It was time. She knocked softly on the Professor's door. 'Come in,' he said."
- Daria the Vampire Slayer: Hell Comes To Texas, by Charles RB (part 12): "The first Daria knew of the situation was when she arrived at school to find the police already there, dragging a number of people away."
- Edicius, by elainefr (part 22): "'Come on, breathe damn it!' (v/o) His voice sounded very far away. 'That's it; you can- do it-'"
- The Engineer and the Time Lady, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 4): "The next day, Alpha returned to Nina's quarters. Nina soon came to the door. 'Good morning,' Alpha said cheerfully."
- Everything to Fear But Camp Itself, by Lady Evil (parts 3 and 4): "'You got a lot of stuff in these boxes.' Link commented as he helped Helen open one. 'I thought we got rid of all our old stuff before we left Highland.' said Helen. 'Amazing what accumulates in just two years!'" (Part 4)
- Journey Into Misery, by Captain Marbles (part 3): "Daria stood beside the hospital bed fingering her Norse hammer amulet nervously, staring down at her best friend and partner in crime, Jane. Fellow Cynic and Artiste Extraordinaire."
- Sympathy for the Sloane, by YouthofOz (part 5): "It was even money over who was more terrified as Tom bolted through the cellar door and wrenched the door shut behind him."
- Tell Me I'm a Wreck, by conquerlove (fullbrightness) (part 1): "The phone call at two AM was anything but pleasant. I had fallen asleep after trying to write a new article for the magazine I work for; the topic, Heating Up or Cooling Down, was about relationships of all things."