Friday, November 13, 2009

That Awesome Awful Day Is Back!

It's Friday the 13th, as per a certain Holiday Island story, and this blogger has picked two pictures off the Internet to show what his conception of the ultra-dangerous Holiday Island teen known as Friday the 13th looks like (when she doesn't have her skull face on, that is). I had thought she looked like Neil Gaiman's Death, but Death smiles too much and doesn't look evil, cold, and frightening. See if these two images do it for you. (They've been slightly modified with the author's limited computer-art artistic skills.) Ignore the crosses and so forth, and instead replace them with a gold necklace with a small 13 dangling from it. These two look most like my mind's eye image of Friday the 13th. Not perfect (thicker hair with no highlights, just sheer featureless black), but close enough. Enjoy.

BTW, can you think of a song that would be Daria's theme song?

PPMB
  • Anti-Trope 2, by Pinkminx (Part 2): “I don’t care if you’re trying your best; we need to start winning games.” Ms. Li's eyes narrowed on the school’s football coach, Mr. Gibson. “The P.T.A. is getting suspicious of the distribution of school funds; some are even questioning why the football team is getting new uniforms and equipment.” “Well, the uniforms from last year—” “Are you questioning my distribution of the schools monies?”
  • Daria: Hunter—The Love Triangle, by Jim North (Part 1): "Yes, Daria," Quinn said into her commlink, "I swear I read it! I know you still think of me as an illiterate bubblehead, but come on. I write for a living now.... There's no need to get all snippy, Daria. I'll have you know that some of the articles I write are very long."
  • The New Girl, by JPAGC (COMPLETE!): Daria walked in the corridors of Stanford University, her boots making a resonant sound down the almost empty corridor, while she enjoyed the calm of the early morning hours and thrived on the ambiance of science that seemed to emanate everywhere....
  • Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part III), by jtranser (continued): Dirty grey clouds of cottony smoke erupted from the rusty grimy steam locomotive as it shuddered to an arthritic stop. Stepping out from the triple canopy forest facing the station were a number of K'eckchi and K'iche Maya who converged on the passenger car and rapidly loaded the baggage on their backs and heads. All were dressed in identical black felt jackets, embroidered with the symbolic red keys and dragon of the modern Avignon Papacy and fringed with blue and white strips of yarn....
  • Two Halves 5: Mall Rat Blues, by Dark Kuno (continued): “So my mom was, like, ‘No more shopping until you bring your grades up young lady’,” complained Quinn as she and the other Fashion Club members strolled down the halls of Lawndale High. “That’s… sooooo unfair,” drawled Tiffany. “I know,” Quinn agreed. “It’s like she expects me to be a brain like Daria and Lex.”
  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Tooth and Nail), by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!): "Hey, Mack, can I carry your books?" "Hey, Mack, can I carry your... pencil?" "Hey, Mack, can I carry your, uh, um... got anything else?"

3 comments:

The Bug Guy said...

PPMB and SFMB are currently out of service (12PM UT). Gamer has been contacted.

Kristen Bealer said...

Well, that's Friday the 13th for you. :p

The Angst Guy said...

Let's share.