Friday, November 27, 2009

The Wind Cries Jimi

Jimi Hendrix, the greatest electric guitar player who ever lived in real history or any dimension or alternate universe, was born this day 67 years ago. The MTV staff must have been fans of his, because they created not one but two alter egos for him, one with Jodie (a post-episode a.e.) and one with Jake (from the computer game Daria's Inferno). Long live THE MAN!

Minor Note: Jimi Hendrix was left-handed. Jake's image should be flopped to be correct.

Trent Lane is a fan of The Man, and the date is even celebrated in the CD-ROM accessory, Daria's Sick, Sad Life Planner (below). Thanks to Pinhead for the alter ego at left!

Is it true that Hendrix once set his guitar on fire? You be the judge. Could he really play guitar with his teeth? Again, you decide. Was he the greatest guitar player ever? No question. Sit back and dig it.

PPMB
  • Reaped Out 2: Sickle Sad World, by Pinkminx (Part 11): “Of course I’m dead, I’m not an idiot and I’m not blind. You think I didn’t notice all the chaos?” Sandi waved an arm at the crowd that had gathered around her body. “Then why are you yelling and shouting?” Daria asked. “Like duh, I’m trying to find my guardian angel.”

1 comment:

The Bug Guy said...

Boy, that guitar Jake is using gets around. Isn't that the same one that Trent used as well as the "I Loathe You" guy?