Sunday, February 5, 2012

"What does science know?"


Happy National Weatherperson's Day! I'm not sure how you celebrate this one, although we could just fall back on the old standby of complaining about the weather. Is the big, wet rainstorm over yet?

Apparently there's also some sort of football game going on today, too. That's the one where one guy sticks his butt in the air and makes a football appear, right?

Fanfic Update!

  • The Author as a Lesbian, Season 5, by DeacBlue (parts 9 and 10): "'And we're back for another day of the Rush Limbaugh Show, brought to you by the EiB network.' Rush smiled and then spoke into the mic. 'Today we're broadcasting from 'the Zon,' a bar in Lawndale, Maryland, the town where the three girls who are trying to advance the Homosexual Agenda are from. The doors to the bar are open, and for the length of our broadcast, anyone who wants to voice an opinion can come in. We'll also be taking phone calls, as usual.'" (Part 10)

  • Daria Race War (SFMB), by Bliss Ticks (part 7): "Moving through the halls of Lawndale High, Hua watched the students around him, through the filthy lenses of his glasses, part like the Red Sea. He pawed at his greasy black hair as he approached the only person in the school who would spend more than five minutes speaking with him; “Charlie” (as Hua insisted on calling him) Ruttheimer."

  • End Of Friendship, by BrownEyedBagel (COMPLETE!): "She laughed again. Some people secretly made fun of her because of the way she talked; she enjoyed watching someone tremble in fear at every pause or extended vowel sound. Her mind snapped back to her work, the confession note was only half of the set up. Her hands were covered by disposable latex gloves, thus insuring that her fingerprints wouldn’t be on the tools she planned on leaving behind."

  • First Day of Summer, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 3): "Stacy saw Daria and Jane enter and ran over to them before they could head up the stairs. 'Thank goodness you’re here. They have been rather hostile all afternoon!' she said. 'Excuse me?' Jane asked. 'Sandi has been more bossy than usual since we broke up the Fashion Club,' Stacy said."

  • Idiot or Savant :: After the Disaster (Chapter 2), by Fhujeth_x (COMPLETE!): "'Oh, this is so exciting, Tiffany...' O'Neill put his hand on her shoulder and smiled, 'You'll be able to be treated like a normal student here! No one will even know you have well.... "special' problems."' When he spoke he took his hand off her shoulder and put the word 'special' in air quotes." (Part 3) (Part 4)

  • Maybe if She was He? (A genderswap never before done), by OverlordMikey (COMPLETE!): "It started innocently enough; Brian needed help and Daria just wanted to get it out of the way so he didn’t bug her. The fact that he almost twice her height and sitting really close to her didn’t help her feel any more comfortable."

  • Minutes Before the End (Angst-Off!), by OverlordMikey (COMPLETE!): "Sandi Griffin - President of the fashion club and all around popular girl. I’d been at the top of the world and now gutter trash waiting to die. I feel the stinging of my hands and the rational part of me tells me to find a warm place well the bitch in me tells me I should have worn stylish gloves."

  • A Mothers Love, by ash_blackfire (part 7): "As she fumbled for her glasses to regain her sight she could smell the faint smell of coffee. 'let there be a God.' Amy said hoping that Jake had left some coffee for her on his way to work. As she staggered down the stairs a smile started to form on her face. Today was her first day of normal work in years."

  • Murder She S'mored (Pie, Pie, My Darling), by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "'Wait. Don't I get a say in this?' Daria protested. 'Too late. I already ordered the electric chair with your height and...weight specifications, and I'd be wasting valuable school funds if I didn't put it to good use.' 'Aren't I entitled to a last meal, at least?' she asked."

  • Old Money Has to Come from SOMEWHERE... (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by Fhujeth_x (COMPLETE!): "Stepping out into the balcony, Tom turned back to Daria with one last tear in his eye. 'I love you, Daria... but...' He took off his sweater and shirts, 'This is to protect you...'"

  • Quinn's Code Story 6: The Lab Mouse, The Geek and the Convention, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "'Maybe I'll help with the project. I'm into science,' Quinn said. 'Quinn, that's great!' 'Quinn, I don't need your nerdiness in doing my project,' Daria said. 'Dar-i-a! I've told you many times. I'm not a nerd! I'm a geek! There's like a rather large difference,' Quinn said with annoyance."

  • Quinn Spirit Detective, by Reven384 (part 8): "The day passed like any other. Quinn couldn’t help but feel bored. Finally class ended and Quinn met up with Daria to walk home. There was a serial killer loose in Lawndale who was killing people in the most horrible ways imaginable. Quinn shuddered and understood that man had just as many monsters as the demon world did."

  • The Revolution Comes to the Library (Scenes That Could Be - The Non-Daria Edition), by Doggieboy (COMPLETE!): "My location...is technically called the United States of America, but nobody recognizes them by that name, especially since the original U.S.A. is still around, as I said earlier. Some of us call them different names. One of my friends called it the Republic of Gilead, after some book whose title I cannot remember. At first I called it Taliban Lite."

  • Rude Awakening Ep.10: Sandi vs The EPT, by DIsaac (part 2): "TED: Brittany......Andrea......Want to kill me! JODIE: What could you possibly do that they want to kill you over? TED: I've been.....active .....with them. ALEESHA: Active? Listen, have you did it with them or something? TED: I might of...did something like that...in one night...with both of them. JODIE: I can't save ya, dude."

  • Sandi :: Well... This Sucks :: Chapter 1, by Fhujeth_x (COMPLETE!): "Dr. Marz sat down next to Sandi again and stared at her wounded area, 'I'll be honest, Dr. Jel...' He examined it some more, 'It looks even better than it did after I removed the cast... Let's get this girl into X-Rays and CAT just to be safe.' Looking at her chart again he nodded, 'I'll go get some needles and draw for blood-work.'" (Part 4)

  • Unexpected (REPOSTED), by Nemo Blank (part 1): "A man on a podium watching the clock anxiously, opened a folder. 'We have to do it now, folks, before the court order comes into effect. By the power vested in me by the city, I declare each couple with a valid license married. Please present the ticket to pick up your papers at the window when you leave.' Shocked, Daria blinked. 'I don't think that was the line for impounded cars, Jane.'"

  • Unnamed story (A genderswap never before done), by ThanatosRW (COMPLETE!): "Daria gets upset by it. I can remember the look on her face when I spilled the beans at Grove Hills. We bonded that night. While Michelle and I act like a couple in public, Daria and I must remain content to have conversation, pizza, and the odd make-out session when no one is watching. It's not fair, and Daria agrees with me."

  • Unnamed story (A genderswap never before done), by Walter Kovacs (COMPLETE!): "He glanced into the rearview mirror, where he could see his youngest child, Ivo, sitting in the back seat. "Isn't that right, Ivo?" Ivo Morgendorffer with his conical head, bright red nose, orange hair, massive corpulance and a large ragged orange mustasche was a near duplicate of his grandfather, who was Jake's father."

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria meets Darwin Awards), by Dennis (COMPLETE!): "'Help! Whoa! I'm drowning!' Sandi screamed. The Princess Fairy was sinking, leaving them all at the mercy of the cold, treacherous sea."

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Guilty Pleasures Redux), by JoeMerl (COMPLETE!): "Quinn crossed her arms and scoffed. 'You know, Daria, sometimes I think you don't have any sense of wonder. I mean, if you can't see---just a second.'"

  • Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fanfic should have: Last Friday Night!), by Greystar (COMPLETE!): "'People of Mars?' Ms Barch scowled as she handed the visibly exhausted Ms Li a steaming cup of coffee. 'You nearly blew our cover!'"

  • Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fanfic should have: Last Friday Night!), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "'It means... look, just let me get through this part, okay? Then there'll be a video!' With Darcy taken care of, O'Neill continued. 'Before we unlock your potential....' 'Hey, don't feel bad,' whispered the boy behind her. 'I don't know what he's talking about either.'"

No comments: