Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tut, Tut, You Lazy Overachiever!


On this day in 1923, King Tut's tomb was opened and explored. Jodie is dressed--and drawn--for the occasion, and I think that's as motionless as anyone is ever likely to see her.

Also on this day, the episode "Arts N' Crass" aired for the first time in 1998. There weren't really any tombs in it, although I could see Brittany coming up with a "Don't Get Buried in Tombs" poster theme for the art contest. If only she could find her lipstick.

Fanfic Update!
  • After the Disaster :: Chapter Three, by Fhujeth_x (COMPLETE!): "Clenching her perfectly manicured hands she felt the rage boil up inside of her but when she tried to release it, she couldn't. Tiffany laid back on her bed trying to feel something more than the unfathomable anger and sorrow that leaked inside her but nothing more happened."

  • After the Disaster :: Chapter Four, by Fhujeth_x (parts 1 - 3): "Night had come and gone just like Tiffany's hopes and dreams had come in and out. Like every breath she took she counted in the back of hr mind when her sanity would return and when her hopefulness would give her a reason to wake up. She had no one to turn to or talk to, except herself." (Part 2) (Part 3)

  • And Then it Happened :: Chap 1, by Fhujeth_x (parts 4 and 5): "'Tiffany, please - this is serious.' Stacy glanced around some more trying get a better grasp of what was going on, 'If we aren't careful we might be...'" (Part 5)

  • Being Red (Angst Off Round 2), by mmmdraco (COMPLETE!): "I wonder again if my father has always been this lecherous, or if it has been a gradual change that happened while my mom was pregnant. A whole 9 months of no sex, and then your kid is born a redhead. You get a DNA test to prove he's yours because you've got black hair and your wife's a brunette. But it's proven. I'm a Ruttheimer. And I'd give a hell of a lot to change that."

  • Brittany’s Second Sight (IC: Without you...), by OverlordMikey (COMPLETE!): "Twilight was just beginning to fade when he asked again. 'Brit; I know it doesn’t take this long to get to school.' A dark smile crept across my face; I knew I should turn around, but jealousy had always been one of my vices - and a hypocritical one at that."

  • C! True Lawndale Story, by TheExcellentS (COMPLETE!): "Josh: 'Ever since I started I "won" this Internet Championship, I've been receiving videos from all sorts of LFC fighters looking to challenge me for the belt. I mean, I'm a busy man. I don't have a lot of time for these. But I'll let you decide if they're worthy for a shot.'"

  • Daria and Jane, meet Daria and Jane (Rude Awakening X-Tra: You meeting You), by DIsaac (COMPLETE!): "JANE: Hey Amiga? DARIA: Yeah. JANE: Is that your Aunt Amy? DARIA: Actually no. That's not Aunt Amy and remember she left to go back to DC earlier today. Wait a second that other one looks like you. JANE: Daria, I think you need to stay out of my brother's stash box."

  • Daria - Double Down, by neonhomer (part 26): "The room was dimly lit, and cold. Jane looked around the room, trying to find out where she was. There was a faint sound of air moving, but nothing else. She walked a small circle, looking at the room. 'What I wouldn’t give for a flashlight.' She said half aloud."

  • The Ecclesiazusae of the Fashion Club (Orphaned Plot Bunny), by Roentgen: "'Weeeeeeee're resssssenteddddd....' Tiffany moaned. 'Resentment by the Dateless Class is the right kind of resentment.' 'Hey,' Quinn said. 'I think I have an idea.' 'Go on.'"

  • End Of Fear, by BrownEyedBagel (part 3): "Tiffany kept Crowe tight against her body as she made her way to the kill. He had been present at her other two victories and had earned the right to be here. A cold resolve took her as she drew closer to her enemy. Just like the other two, this roach deserved his fate."

  • Fallout Lawndale: 2289, by Vukodlak (part 4): "'Jack can I talk to you for a minute I need to ask a favor?' Something had been on Tom’s mind sense last night. And he hoped Jack would be willing to help him out. 'What’s on your mind?' 'Can you teach me how to fight?'"

  • The Final Showdown (Scenes no Daria fanfic should have: Last Friday Night!), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "'My dear Mrs. Bennett. As an INFORMED consumer, you should know that non-dairy creamer offers NO SUSTENANCE whatsoever... and NEITHER DOES THAT OFFER!' DeMartino turned to Trent and yelled: 'ENOUGH! I say it's time TO BLOW THAT FUCKER LI DOWN!'"

  • Into The Night (IC: Without you...), by neonhomer (COMPLETE!): "As he was closing the door, he paused, saying 'I miss her too.' He closed the door and walked away. 'So do I.' said Jane. She sighed, and flopped down onto the bed, and began to cry. A familiar green jacket was beside her. She grabbed it, and held it tightly. After a few minutes, she sat up. 'I can't do this anymore.'"

  • It Shouldn't Happen That Way...... (IC: Without you...), by DIsaac (COMPLETE!): "He had hopes. He had dreams. He was her love. He was a QB. they were ready to head to college. Follow her dream of Being a Cheerleader at a big time college and his to be a QB there as well. It can't be this way."

  • Janet of Hearts (A genderswap never before done), by ThanatosRW (COMPLETE!): "Hal sighed, 'Janet, I'm begging you, please calm down. You just had a heart attack and if you keep this up, your going to have another. Don't you at least want to live long enough to see our daughters graduate? I'm worried.'"

  • Jodie, meet Jodie (Rude Awakening X-Tra: You meeting You), by DIsaac (COMPLETE!): "RA JODIE: I think you better sit down with what I'm about to tell you. JODIE: What could that be? RA JODIE: That I'm you. JODIE: And I think your crazy."

  • Justice For Jane (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by BrownEyedBagel (COMPLETE!): "He lay there trying to catch his breath. This had to be a bad dream. Any moment now he would wake up and all the pain would be gone. If this was a real life attempt on his life he would already be dead. Who uses the flat end of a hatchet? Who even would use one at less than full strength?"

  • Kevin, meet Kevin (Rude Awakening X-Tra: You meeting You), by DIsaac (COMPLETE!): "KEVIN: Hey.....wait a second. Are you me? RA KEVIN: I was about to ask the same thing. Are you me from back in the day? KEVIN and RA KEVIN: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!"

  • Little Runaway (IC Runaway Daria), by DeacBlue (COMPLETE!): "She sniffled a bit, then her eyes narrowed. The shorter blonde had disappeared! Just as she was about to back away and go back to her cave, she heard a feminine voice behind her. 'Mind telling me why you were spying on us?'"

  • My New Life, by ST91 (part 1): "'Quinn , can I ask you a question?' 'Sure. What is it ?' 'Why do you want to spend so much time with me ?'"

  • The Problem is... (IC: Without you...), by OverlordMikey (COMPLETE!): "I have no excuse for it, but I do. It’s why she left me - ever since that incident I’ve been a shell. I’ve always been useless, but even useless people had a place. Now I waste space in a damn office wishing for a way to go back..."

  • The Promise (IC: Without you...), by LadieT (COMPLETE!): "'I know this has been hard on you Jane - but maybe talking to someone would help. I mean I know that Daria knew how good of a relationship the two of you had, but I don't. Jane - what was it like to have a sibling you got along with?'"

  • A Quiet Night (IC: Without you...), by InvisibleDan (COMPLETE!): "'Daria, I'm going to have to go back to the office. Eric says that the witnesses in the microwavable ketchup lawsuit are about to change their stories. I'm going to leave you some money so you can order a pizza. Is that okay?' That damned word again. 'Yeah, it's okay.'"

  • Return of the Runaway 01 (IC Runaway Daria), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "'Girls, , I just want you to know your mother and I realize it's not easy moving to a whole new town -- especially for you, Quinn, right?' Jake asked. 'Did we move?' his 14 1/2 year old daughter, Quinn, asked, sarcastically, from the back seat."

  • Ring-a-Ling, by Doggieboy (COMPLETE!): "Before rereading some of his 'victories', he checked his inbox to see if the school or school board had contacted him, then noticed a letter listed as coming from 'Hot Lawndale Teen' with the subject of 'Ring-a-Ling'. A smirk appeared on his face and he opened the letter."

  • Runaway Daria: Fallout Lawndale Edition (IC Runaway Daria), by Vukodlak (parts 1 and 2): "'I don't have a home.' She sniffed back a tear and watched as her feet dug into the ground. 'You were headed to Little Lamplight?' He asked picking the map she dropped. 'Yes Sir.' she answered hesitantly. She'd thought the Lone Wanderer was just a story her father made up it was a little intimidating standing before him. 'Well I suppose I'll just have to take you there.' He said tussling her hair." (Part 2)

  • Sandi :: Well... This Sucks :: Chapter 3, by Fhujeth_x (COMPLETE!): "'I swear I waxed last night...' She thought to herself as she wrapped a towel around her hair and body, 'I know I did...' Bending down she checked in her mother's garbage can for her waxing strips she had used the previous night and sure enough, they were there. Which meant she waxed and her legs were hairy, again... and she needed to wax again." (Part 3) (Part 4)

  • Sandi :: Well... This Sucks :: Chapter 4, by Fhujeth_x (part 1): "Sandi scowled. She was planning to wear blue too. 'Stacy. I'm planning to wear blue to this dance. Remember?' Stepping closer to Stacy she put up a more intimidating look, feeling a rush of power surge through her veins, 'Unless you think you could wear it better than me.'"

  • Save the Last Trance for Me, by jtranser: "'No, Daria, I didn't lie to you. The way back to being Dr. Daria Morgendorffer, Dream Shrink and respected authority in the field, does exist. And so, You are here. Let's run the list, O.K.? First, Your Avatar...'"

  • She is Us, and We are Her (IC: Without you...), by Angelinhel (COMPLETE!): "I didn't know her. Staring down into the casket, it broke the last piece my heart that none of us did. Even now, after a week of sleepless nights spent silently sobbing into a pillow, after countless days wearing a hollow smile as I went through the motions at school, I couldn't remember her name."

  • ST: ANC: A Time of Terror (Non-Daria), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 2): "'You would be scared too, Yolanda, when someone disappears right next to you without a transporter signal, and I also can't raise Dacet or Salz,' Hallia said. 'Is the tricorder still reading our lifesigns, and the route to engineering? Try to meet us there,' Yolanda said. 'I will try,' Hallia said, she then began to run in the direction of the freighter's engineering section."

  • The Timothy Hunter (Mr. O'Neill, Asshole), by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "'Oh, shut up!' Ms. Barch chided, tired of him picking on a female student. 'Feisty!' Mr. O'Neill growled, in an eerie imitation of Upchuck. All the female students stepped back from him several paces."

  • Upchuck (Angst Off Round 2), by OverlordMikey (COMPLETE!): "I thought about it as I laid down next to Andrea; my sweet mistress of the night, enjoying the afterglow and emotions of my first and possibly last time. I opened my mouth to speak, but the only words that left my lips where: 'Why?'"

  • We Only Hurt the Ones We Love (IC Runaway Daria), by deneich (parts 3 and 4): "Having proceeded only a few steps a flash of orange exiting the restaurant stopped Daria dead in her tracks. Just like from the TV show four months prior, the same orange hair, it was her Sister...Quinn." (Part 4)

  • With An "Uh", And An "Um", by mmmdraco (part 21): "Jane sat down on the couch and shrugged. 'We were... talking. I met him at a bowling alley, we were both miserable at it, but we had fun. He asked if I wanted to go to an all-night pancake place with him, and next thing I know? We were actually there all night. You could have punched me in the face as I noticed the sunrise and I'm not sure which one would have shocked me more.'"

  • X-men: Daria’s Evolution, by Reven384 (parts 1 and 2): "A young African American woman walked through the door and he recognized her as both a student at Daria’s school and his contact with the Hellfire Club. 'Hello Jodie,' he said. 'Hell Jacob,' she said smiling pleasantly, 'Everything is good on my end. We want Daria. You can have Quinn.' 'You can have your plans. As long as I get Quinn,' he said smiling." (Part 2)

No comments: