Friday, October 12, 2012

Fanfix: Famous Quotes #1

 
0

First, my heartfelt thanks go out to RLobinske, who patiently guided me through the process of logging into this blog again. I had forgotten how to do it. My hat is off to you, sir.

Now, a brief but important note on quotes lifted from fanfiction. In the olden days (a few years ago, really), there was a running thing in PPMB about certain story quotes being so full of awesome and win that they deserved to be preserved forever on the walls of a great palace memorializing their brilliance. Here are some of my additions to the hallowed halls of that great edifice. See if you can guess which Daria stories they came from, or just be delighted in their perverse glory.

* * *

“Looks like Trent’s cheesing again.”

The Self-Esteem Class ended on that smelly note.

...very irate (and possibly rabid) hamsters...

Daria's smile in reply had more teeth in it than Brian had ever seen in a human grin, but oddly enough he found it... arousing.

"...Najeneun ttasaroun inganjeogin yeoja..."

“Hey, wanna go help me kill my parents so that we can collect the insurance?”

"You won't turn me into one of your calculators! One of your evil thinking machines! I'm not a robot! DEAR GOD, I'M NOT A ROBOT!!"

"Maybe they'd just beam Social Security into your head."

"UDALL HIGH IS SEXUALLY INADEQUATE! WOOO!"

"What's Trent on this time, bath salts?"

"She's B to the Arch and on tha vic'tree march..."

"AND HURRY! I CAN ONLY BEAT OFF TO TEENAGE BATTLE CRY FOR SO LONG!"

...she watched the cow gallop away with her husband, Jake's hands still firmly fixed around the cow's throat.

"Don't play coy, Daria, I know damn well you don't have a nuclear weapon."

* * *

God bless us every one. (That's a TAG quote, not a story quote.) More soon.
.

2 comments:

Arena del Sur said...

If I'm right, the penultimate belongs to one of Roentgen's "Daria and the Gang" threads.

Anonymous said...

“Looks like Trent’s cheesing again.” -- a breitasparrow Scenes No Fic fic with cat urine chasers

"Daria's smile in reply had more teeth in it than Brian had ever seen in a human grin, but oddly enough he found it... arousing." - Shiva's Darksteemsters

"She's B to the Arch and on tha vic'tree march..." -- God Save The Esteem: Dance Noon


"...she watched the cow gallop away with her husband, Jake's hands still firmly fixed around the cow's throat." -- Roentgen's last Daria And The Gang fic

"Don't play coy, Daria, I know damn well you don't have a nuclear weapon." -- Smijey's fic for the Student Council IC

---

BUT WHERE DID THAT UDALL HIGH ONE COME FROM?


- Charles RB