Gone with the Wind premiered in Atlanta on this day in 1939. Helen and Jake impersonate the lead characters on the right, and I wonder how Daria and Quinn's movie night after "Aunt Nauseam" went. Fanfic potential, perhaps?
Speaking of fanfic, here's the latest update:
- Best Christmas Ever (Daria and the Gang Thread), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "'I guess you never had a cool Christmas growing up.' 'Au contraire! We had some great Christmases. Let me tell you about when I was seven....!'"
- Daria the Baller, by Sofa King (part 9): "A quick glance at the Caller ID brightens Helen Morgendorffer's face with a brilliant smile. 'Hello, sweetie!' she says. 'It's been so long since we've talked. How are you?'"
- Dylan, by J-D (part 14): "Dylan shook his head. 'Asking you to enter a poster in the competition is like they're inviting you to prank them. How long has Mr Leroy known you?'"
- Holiday Shore (Scenes no Daria fic should have: Write The Lightning), by breitasparrow (COMPLETE!): "Guy Fawkes Day stumbled into the confession room after a hard night of partying with the other Holidays, knocking over a boom mic and a light fixture on his way to the seat in front of the green screen."
- Namesake (IC: Lyrical Endings), by thatLONERchick (COMPLETE!): "He had thought she was the one."
- Not Enough Time (IC: Lyrical Endings), by LadieTAG (COMPLETE!): "Jane Sloane stared down Tom. She had not slept or left his side since she had gotten the call."
- Quinn's Code 07: The Grounded Geek, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 4): "'All rise,' Jake paused whilst everyone rose. 'Please be seated. The court calls the case of the family versus Daria and Quinn Morgendorffer.'"
- Tis the Season to be Jolly (DeMartino and Jake swapped), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "I can tell by the slam of the door that Anthony's drunk. Of course he is. He's been out at a Christmas party thrown by a client and he's never come back anything less than shitfaced yet."
- Unnamed story (IC: Lyrical Endings), by Dennis (COMPLETE!): "This was so not her scene, Daria thought. She sat in the corner of a crowded living room, sippling carefully at a wine cooler while around her, people danced, drank, and passed out."
- Unnamed story (IC: Lyrical Endings), by Jim North (COMPLETE!): "The search has not been going well." (Part 2)
- Unnamed story (IC: Lyrical Endings), by LadieTAG (COMPLETE!): "Tom watched as the two rambled down the street. Tom hadn't seen the woman since their senior year in high school - while he had been dating her best friend - the one he cheated on her with."
- Unnamed story (IC: Lyrical Endings), by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "Quinn laid down in the chair in the middle of the small, hot, claustrophobic room, unable to escape or move, her white hands clenching the taut leather."
- Unnamed story (IC: Lyrical Endings), by RX-87 (COMPLETE!): "'Thanks for helping me out today, Jane.' Daria said as her best friend helped her out of the car and walked her toward the door of the Lenscrafters. Daria took Jane's arm to make sure she didn't bump into anything while she was without her glasses."
- Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fic should have: Write The Lightning), by Silver (COMPLETE!): "The rear end went wide. Tom's jaw flexed, and he found himself grateful that his crew had insisted on his wearing a mouth guard. He was certain that he would've cracked a tooth from how hard he was forcing his teeth together."
- Uranium in the Drinking Water, by BF110C4 (part 2.4): "Kay Sloane first and only living wife of Angier Sloane, Fielding's Steadholder resisted the urge to sight at the antics of the spectacled woman in what was definitely the most austere of the dresses in the entire hall, servants included."