Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Extra Quart of Grease is Completely Optional


Pull up a chair and grab a slice to celebrate National Cheese Pizza Day! Ted is shocked by his first taste of processed cheese, although he still wants to know what process they use. I think the rest of us are happier living in blissful ignorance.

I would say that Trent is celebrating Be Late For Something Day, but the lazy bastard hasn't shown up yet. Depressing or not, someone really needs to get that guy a watch.

Fanfic Update!
  • Climb the Ladder, by InvisibleDan (COMPLETE!): "Jane answered her cell phone. 'Yeah, I'll be there... I swear I'm on my way, Quinn, okay?' She put the phone down and rubbed her eyes. After a quick look around her room she found the pieces of an outfit and slipped them on."

  • Credence, by Astrocar82 (part 3): "Soon the time had come and Quinn and Stacy walked uncertainly to their doom, where they saw Jane and O'Neill waiting for them in the room next to the stage of the auditorium."

  • Dylan, by J-D (part 27): "I still have to agree that my father's reasoning was basically sound. I did nearly run over that dog while I was having my driving lesson, and contact lenses really would avoid the problem my glasses create for my peripheral vision, so I'm in agreement on principle—but do you know what you have to do when you're putting in contact lenses?"

  • The Fall, by Ranger Thorne (COMPLETE!): "The gathering dusk had brought in a light fog, leaving the city with a slight haze. There, in front of the massive front gates, were two cloaked figures. Neither was exceptionally tall, but even from his office he could sense their menace and power 'Get the slayers, won't you?' he told his assistant. 'Have them arm themselves then meet me at the gate.'"

  • The Great And The Good, by ognawk (parts 13 and 14): "'Look, Daria, there's something I need to tell you,' he said, looking her straight in the eye, 'I'm not proud of it, but I want to be completely honest with you.'" (Part 14)

  • GSA: The "Cousins" Morgendorffer, by GDTSP9 (part 1): "Daria sighed. She'd been waiting outside the airport for ages now, and Quinn still hadn't shown up. As Daria looked around, she almost didn't see the mid-sized grey car pull up in front of her. Quinn leaped out of the car and tightly hugged her sister."

  • A New Direction (Iron Chef: My Dad, the director), by peetz5050 (parts 9 and 10): "'Uh oh.' Jane said then touched Daria's sleeve and pointed at the door. Daria turned around to see two of the school security staff accompanying a large, threatening cumulo nimbus cloud in an Armani suit. Jammy glared at her and indicated the door with a jerk of his head." (Part 10)

  • Quinn the Psychopath, by SacredDust (parts 7 and 8): "Daria knew she would have to fight hard to stem the tide of Quinn's relentless quest for even more popularity (even if Quinn herself didn't see it as much). She illustrated her strategy with some of the hideous clay models they had made for a school project years ago." (Part 8)

  • Red World, by PrecambrianStudios (part 1): "John Crichton slowly opened his eyes and was met with the usual darkness. Groggily, he turned his head left, and looked out the adjoining window. The stars were arranged in a formation he was not familiar with. 'Well,' he said, reluctantly stretching on his mattress, realizing what day it was, 'I guess today's it. Lights on.'"

  • Shaggy Meets the Twins! (Scenes that should be: Pacific Rimmers), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "In the dumb self-esteem class, the kid everyone called Shaggy couldn't resist a smirk as that new girl and her twin brother acted like they were secretly lovers, causing Mr. O'Neill to go into shock and pass out."

  • Unnamed story (IC: DeMartino has Barch Arrested), by CartoonDork (COMPLETE!): "'What the hell do you think you're doing? Get your hands off of me, you dirty rotten men!' It was certainly a sight to see--Ms. Janet Barch being handcuffed by two policemen, right in the middle of her science class. "

No comments: