Monday, February 10, 2014

It's Raining, It's Pouring, the Goth Girl Thinks It's Boring


Andrea is shown here celebrating Umbrella Day, although she doesn't appear to be enjoying it very much. Perhaps because she realizes that umbrellas aren't a whole lot of good when you're trudging through a couple of feet of snow in bone-chillingly cold temperatures?

Fanfic Update!
  • College Bound, by SentrytheDefiant (COMPLETE!): "Being pretty and popular is both a blessing and a curse. Well, evidently more of a blessing but you get my point."

  • Fall of the House of Romanov (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "Elsie felt a large hand roughly shake her shoulder and it shook her roughly from her the welcome respite of her slumbers."

  • Hard Truth (Iron Chef: Random Pairing Challenge 2014!), by SacredDust (COMPLETE!): "Lindy swallowed the lump in her throat. Her head still hurt from last night. 'You don't have to go.' 'I can't do it anymore, Lindy. I can't keep getting my hopes up so you can tear them down again. I'm exhausted.'"

  • Is It Tenure Yet? (You're Standing On My Track), by JohnnyLurg (parts 1 and 2): "'I can't believe a college as politically and religiously conservative as Pepperhill would select you to be their first lesbian Artist in Residence,' said Professor Daria Morgendorffer to her longtime companion Jane Lane as the two women sipped java mochas in the luxury of Pepperhill University's cafĂ©." (Part 2)

  • Lawndale's Next Top Baller, by rvgonzal (part 1): "Jane: (is grumbling aloud looking through piles on floor) "Where the hell is it, dammit! $1100 gone from my savings stash, well mine and Trent's savings... if he took he would have told me'... (Thinking) well eventually he would have... sometime... maybe... (Screaming) arrrgg! Trent!"

  • Legacy of Elizabeth, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (parts 1 and 2): "Queen Elizabeth of England was alone in her office reviewing some paperwork (there were many interests that sought the attention of the Crown). A blue light filled the room. The Queen turned to find a stranger emerging from a circle of light." (Part 2)

  • Lindy at AA (Iron Chef: Random Pairing Challenge 2014!), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Lindy took a moment to steel herself, after all it was only her second time at the meeting and it would be the first time that she would dare to speak."

  • Match Breaker, by SacredDust (part 12): "'Remember the mall, when I had to run one more errand after you spoke with Quinn? Well...I happened to run into her again, and since her friends had left her with all those shopping bags to take out, I did my good deed for the day and helped her. From there, we just started talking and, well...' Tom's good mood abruptly died. 'You and her? Elsie, please tell me you're joking.'"

  • Of Liars and Thieves, by SentrytheDefiant (COMPLETE!): "All I could do was stare at the wall, ignoring the heated debate brewing downstairs. This couldn't be happening. Not to me. I could just hear her words echoing around me, 'You'd never do anything to hurt me.'"

  • Once You See, by lulamae-golightly (part 4): "She took a bite of her chicken as it hit her. I can go out and buy my dress tomorrow. For the prom."

  • Saints Rowe (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "'Girls, I just want you to know your mother and I realize it's not easy moving to a whole new town -- what the hell--'"

  • Secrets, by SentrytheDefiant (COMPLETE!): "I love her. Once the thought had taken fruition, there was no going back."

  • Severed Ties, by SentrytheDefiant (COMPLETE!): "The perfectly monogrammed letters were typed in forest green onto thick off-white cardstock. The front of the invitation was plain and simple: You are cordially invited to celebrate the engagement of: Thomas Sloane & Daria Morgendorffer"

  • The Stalwart (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Eighty eight year old Doug Thompson cackled madly as he stood on the side of the highway, his bathrobe flapping in the wind of passing cars."

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Random Pairing Challenge 2014!), by Greystar (COMPLETE!): "Daria slipped her glasses back on and went back to taking notes from the book she was looking at, deciding that she was going to bury her thoughts in the research project for history class. She managed to get a couple of entries down before she looked up to turn the page and saw a young blonde boy walk around the nearby bookshelf."

No comments: