Sunday, November 25, 2007

I May Not Know Art, But . . .

. . . I know what I like! I used to complain to myself that the previous DFB did not announce updates of fanfiction as often as I wanted. Now that I am doing a blog, I understand perfectly why that was: sticking in the @#$%%&!! hyperlinks and listing everything is HARD!
Still, it seems worth doing it for the artwork, which lately has been just outstanding across the board. Here are some of the marvelous works of eye candy appearing on PPMB this month, in no particular order. At present I am avoiding the reproduction of the actual pictures to avoid copyright issues with the artists.
  • S.C. returns with Daria as "The Cleaner" (professional assassin, as per the movie The Professional).
  • Quinn and Sandi star in S.C.'s "17," a parody of the out-of-control-teen movie 13.
  • S.C. reveals the progressive production stages of his Daria "Cast Portrait" (lots of WIP pictures in this very long thread).
  • Acidgirl captures the essence of "Emo Jane" from the AU fanfic "Exchange Students."
  • Kemical Reaxion unveils a striking "80s Jane" on deviantART.
  • Graficoslozano (a new name in our community) does Daria in the style of the Kim Possible series.
  • Richard Lobinske is creating Melody Powers as a 3-D statuette, in 1/7th scale (WIP). As a former modeler, I admit this one really knocked my socks off.
  • JennaUsername (a.k.a. TheDramaticMonarch) shows us "Daria Becomes of Death," on deviantART.
  • JennaUsername also has "Dolling Up Miss Morgendorffer" with Daria's prom dress.
My thanks and congratulations to everyone for this awesome work!

No comments: