Friday, January 25, 2008

I May Not Know Art, But I Know What I Liek!

A tiny little bit of a train wreck of a week has finally passed, but it's Friday night now so why worry over trivia? Some amazing works have appeared in the art folder on PPMB. For your delight, see:

so guess wut i herd: slobbergoat's Daria-ized version of a popular Internet meme. (I lieked it.)

Cast Portrait (WIP): Daria's face in startling high realism, by S.C.

I'm new here, and I guess my art is too: DJPotatoe's version of Mystik Spiral, with two full-color crossover pictures of Fashion Club members hanging out with cool video-game characters.

True to my word, I have sent in my votes for the 2007 awards. I found the experience quite painful, as many categories had multiple entries of outstanding caliber, and choosing the best from each took a longer time than expected. It was impossible to just "knock out." My thanks to everyone who contributed fan art and fanfiction. Will 2008 top the past year in quality?

More soon, I hope. A lot of new fanfic has come out, and I am extremely far behind in reading it. Not a great week, as I said, but maybe this weekend will make up for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad week. I hope this weekend is better!

Write a fanfic. It'll cheer you up. :)

Kristen