Thursday, January 10, 2008

When Only the Best Will Do


The curtain has rung down on the time for nominating Daria fan art for 2007, and a few comments about it are due.

First, Richard Lobinske performed a heroic job of assembling all of the known examples of Daria art, which is a job I frankly didn't pick up because it would have driven me insane. A heartfelt "Thank you!" is sent his way.

Second, but equally important, there was a vast amount of excellent artwork created last year. Much of it was from people I had never heard of before. I was taken aback by the terrific quality of the work overall, and there was an embarrassment of riches in the work I considered truly superb. I had expected a walkover by a handful, but the result staggered me. One more gi-normous "Thank you!" goes out to everyone who contributed.

In particular, the following artists produced certain works that seized my attention in a stranglehold. You should go to Richard's compendium and check out the offerings of: Acidgirl, altrntvgrlfrnd, Angel de Muerte, Beatnikshaggy, Biohazard-Kitty, blackcattlc, breitasparrow, Christ-Off, Christ Oliver, DJ, enigmawing, Esenkas, fyuvix, generationm, graficoslozano, Hershey-chan, ianmsquee, JjAR01, jmao, JNLN, Kajiq, kara-lija, Kara Wild, Kemical Reaxion, Lycissa, Mickychanz, NomadX, pupaazzoso, Richard Lobinske, S.C., seel-dingo, sle3pStar, theEvilTwin, TheHumbleEgo, Wouter, and Zackmolis. I only wish I could do what you do.

No comments: