Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Appears to be a malfunction here....

Having a lot of trouble getting into PPMB again. Rats. Well fine, here we are.

I didn't have many other things to note as failures (things I've attempted to create for Daria fandom), but there were some duds. The Daria Fandom Calendar is, I think, a good idea, but I don't know how many people use it. Kristen Bealer and Deref kindly added some fun dates to it, but the main problem here is that it's kinda boring. I can't add pictures or sound bites or anything except short bits of text. Still okay for that. If anyone else wants to contribute funny dates or meaningful anniversaries for the fandom, please let me know.

Not many people probably use the pizza finder under "Virtual Lawndale," but I'm leaving it there anyway.

All in all, not bad. Failure is good. It's the only thing that teaches you anything useful. If LATIFA and the Fan-imation pages were duds, so be it, I'm leaving 'em up anyway, 'cause you never never know when someone will pick it up and run with it. Maybe they were just too soon for their time. I can wait.

There were some projects that turned out better, too. Backgrounders, though I don't hear much about it, seems to have helped character development a little, in general. UU and I have both been dragged off by Real Life issues, but we are going to return and add more stuff soon. Still want to see Shaggy and The Head use their powers in a superhero series like LLH. Maybe they're in the background lurking somewhere...

No comments: