Monday, May 18, 2009

Musing at the Museum

It's International Museum Day! Hooray! Not sure where I got the image at right, but it's great. How many places in official Daria lore has this museum appeared? I can recall two, myself.

It is also Victoria Day in the distant northern reaches of the Earth, and a mere 99 years ago today the Earth passed through the tail of Halley's Comet. Because of poisonous gas in the tail, everyone died. Or they would have if the poisonous gas had not been so diffuse. Rats. There should be a Daria alternate universe about this event. It would be cool.

QUERY: Which writers do you miss the most from the Good Old Days of this fandom? Click the link and add your thoughts.

More soon.

PPMB
  • Rings and Things That Cannot Go Together, by Ranger Thorne (continued): The robotic legions marched over the rise toward the city in the distance. Behind them, the landing craft lifted off to make room for more ships with troops. That more had not, in fact, arrived would have made any truly sentient being worried. But the mechanical troops merely obeyed the orders given: destroy the city of Bleth.

7 comments:

jtranser said...

The picture is based on the Mutter Museum of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Definitely worth the visit.

Dennis said...

C'mon, you know there's no such thing as Canada.

The Angst Guy said...

No such thing as what?

Dennis said...

That's my point!

The Angst Guy said...

Now I can't get into PPMB at all. Rats!

Wild Blogger said...

I'm in Vancouver right now. Sadly, it's raining cats and dogs, so I don't think there will be much Victoria Day activity.

ltranser said...

I wonder how many Victorias were out there marching in the parade. It was raining,eh. I bet none of them were amused.