Monday, March 8, 2010

That Blew Right By Me

While watching "Daria!" (the musical) the other day, I noticed that among other things that flew through the sky in the approaching hurricane were a large sign with a cow on it (labeled MILK) and a two-handed logging saw. Someone else has already caught that the cow sign was doubtless a reference to the 1996 movie Twister, but the saw really locks it in (per the movie's end scenes with the flying sharp objects in the barn). Just wanted to throw that out there for everyone's amusement. Click on the pix here for better images. Sneaky artists, those MTV guys.

Outpost Daria has updated its information on the DVD release!

PPMB
  • NEW! collar, by Jim North (continued): "Stacy, Sandi, look at me," Quinn said. Two pairs of brown eyes reluctantly met hers. "I'm not going to say I understand what the two of you have going. I'm not even going to say that I'm completely comfortable with it yet. But... I want to understand it. I want to be comfortable with it. Living in Los Angeles, especially in the fashion district... well, you kind of have to get used to things like this. It was getting to know people over there that showed me that by acting the way I did, I was shutting out several wonderful people over here who just happened to have a lifestyle that wasn't like mine."
  • NEW! Daria: Hunter—Infectious, by Jim North (continued): "I think we have to start considering the possibility that the person we're trailing is pretty damn dead," Jane said through her teeth several minutes later. "No way a normal person could have lost this much blood and kept on going."
  • End over End, by Shull Bitter (Part 2): On Friday, she went to the Good Time Chinese restaurant. Even if the letter from Jane, a Jane still living and breathing, was manufactured by Daria's own imagination, it was still Jane. There was a filthy bum sitting cross-legged, head slumped over, next to the dumpster when Daria arrived. On a closer look, there was no bum, just a very depressed musician who looked like he had neither slept nor showered in days. Daria wondered if that was what she looked like. "Trent…"
  • Making the Grade, by LadieT (COMPLETE!): "Mom...have you picked out a name yet for my soon to be brother?" "Yes... Anthony Jr." "Was that your idea or dad's?"
  • With a Wicked Pack of Cards, by TAG (COMPLETE!): Quinn shook her head, looking both sad and resigned. “She's in there with the druggies and the gangbangers and the crazies, right while we’re sitting here talking. Poor Stacy.” Sandi’s eyebrows went up. “Excuse me? ‘Poor Stacy’? Quinn, dear, are you saying she didn’t deserve to be sent to reform school for what she did?”

No comments: