Saturday, December 24, 2011

...Not a Creature was Stirring, not Even an Economics Teacher!


It's Christmas Eve, everybody! Santa is loading up his sleigh with gifts for all the good boys and girls, and soon he'll be on his way, guided by his trusty reindeer...possibly including a fairly disturbing Mrs. Bennett, who is apparently into the furry subculture as well as the Fuzzy-Wuzzy Wee-Bits.

Fanfic Update!
  • A Considered Reaction, by DeacBlue (COMPLETE!): "'I liked it, too.' Daria glared at him. 'That's not funny!' 'I know.' 'Yeah, but you're the one who didn't have the brains to break up with Jane first, and there's this little uninvited trip here.' She opened the car door. 'Get out of the car.'"

  • Daria - Double Down, by neonhomer (part 13): "They turned a couple of corners, and came into a room. As they walked in, Quinn was laying on a hospital bed, with various wires and tubes connected to her. 'Oh my God, QUINN!' screamed Helen as she ran to her younger daughter’s bedside."

  • Daria/Power Rangers: Watching the Watchmen, by Charles RB (part 7): "'Um, guys?' Amelia, manning the monitors, sounded worried. 'We’ve lost the comms channels.' 'Reboot the equipment before panicking,' said Jodie. 'I did reboot it,' said Amelia. 'Hmm. Either the Power Rangers realised we were listening and changed their frequencies, or we have an equipment failure. Check we can pick up anything else?'"

  • Hard Choices (Reposted), by Erin M. (COMPLETE!): "I'm going to kill her. I'm not being euphemistic here. I am going to go over there, break into her house, and then I am going to kill Daria Morgendorffer."

  • My Idea Of How Dye! Dye! My Darling Should Have Ended (Scenes no Daria fanfic should have: Last Friday Night!), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Daria: I'm really sorry for everything, and I wouldn't blame you if you punched me right in the face-! Jane: Okay. (Jane punches Daria right in the nose)"

  • A QB Grows in Lawndale, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): "At home that night, Kevin found that his mother had left to run some errands, leaving him and his father alone in the house together. He could hear the TV on in the living room. He took a deep breath and made his decision. I gotta do this. If I wait any longer, it'll never happen."

  • Quinn's Code 05: Morgendorffers vs. Amazon, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 4): "'Yes, the geek may be interested in the contract! We have to like, be sure that she won't get it,' Sandi said. 'Remember what happened at the Mall of the Millennium, Sandi!' Tori said, referring to an incident two weeks before. Sandi glared at Tori. “Yes, I do, Tori. But I won't be talking to her.' 'How are you going to sabotage her chances?' Tori asked, wondering. Sandi developed a scheming look, and smirked. 'I will have to like, figure that out,' she said. Tori sighed."

  • Sloane, M.D., by InvisibleDan (COMPLETE!): "Cameron: We've started her on broad spectrum antibiotics but her fever isn't going away. Sloane: You start everyone on broad spectrum antibiotics and it never works. paces around the room How about some old world medicine? Bleed her with leeches. Maybe it will get the evil out. Foreman: Leeches? Sloane: Next step is drilling a hole in her head if I can't come up with something else. I'll be back later."

  • Thankful Snark (Scenes no Daria fanfic should have: Last Friday Night!), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "'What's keeping Daria?' asked Tom. 'Well, last time we spoke, she said she was going to watch some of the old Muppet films. Heh, I wonder how she took all the heartwarming endings about-' The door burst open and Daria, her face split with a genuine smile, strode in singing...."

  • Trying Something New, by BrownEyedBagel: "She had everything she needed; she was determined to go forward with her plan. She spent the week working up the nerve to attempt it and refused to back out now. She was determined to jump into the plan head first."

  • Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fanfic should have: Last Friday Night!), by GlitterShrooms (COMPLETE!): "Daria: Is this thing on? Testing. 1. 2. 3. Testing. Great. Now after yet another damn year of extensive fan fiction, there is something I've come to realize. I Daria Morgendorffer, a.k.a. the Misery Chick, have a lot of love interests, and I mean a f**king lot."

No comments: