Friday, December 9, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mack Daddy!


Happy birthday to Kevin Daniels, born on this day in 1976! Daniels was the second of three voice actors to play Mack on Daria, spanning all of the third season appearances of the character. I bet Mack himself wished he could trade off with two other people in dealing with Kevin.

Fanfic Update!
  • God Save The Esteem ep 38: Highland Lassie, by Charles RB (part 2): "Trent opened the door and looked at Amy Barksdale. 'Whoa. You look different without your jacket, Daria.' 'Daria? I thought you were out until mblblbbl hi'"

  • Jane Morgendorffer 2: The Middle School Years, by LadieT (part 5): "'Thanks Quinn, I really needed this. I know you aren't having a good time - ' Jane was stopped in mid sentence by Quinn. 'That's not true, I miss spending time with just you. You're my big sister. I love Daria and Trent, but you come first. You go shopping with me and I know how much you hate that, so it's only fair that I should go running with you sometimes. Besides, I know you've been feeling a little lonely since Daria's been hanging out with Danny. I just wanted to remind you, that well I'm here for you.'"

  • Life After Highland Ch. 2: 3 of Swords, by LadieT (part 1): "Jane was stunned at how similar in appearance Daria and Amy were. It sunk into Jane's mind that if the drinking water in Highland hadn't stunted Daria's growth, she would almost be a mirror image of her aunt. Hell, if I didn't know better, I would have thought that Amy was Daria's mom instead of Helen."

  • Mission: Unfashionable, by JPAGC (part 2a): "At the urge of a motion and look by Jodie, Quinn also joined the group. The other young men and women looked at one another in the sudden quiet Hall. Quinn looked around: all the other, veteran, students were all quickly scurrying away, keeping quiet and clearly avoiding looking in the Principal’s direction. 'Miss Landon, are all the new students here?' asked the Principal. 'Yes, Miss Li,' said Jodie in a quiet voice."

  • Parallel Universes Mystery (Non-Daria), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "Chris opened the door of the Interdimensional Time machine onto a lot of confusion... 'This is a problem,' Jess said, as she looked out. 'I agree,' Chris said. 'Hello, you received our interdimensional message?' someone said. 'Yes,' Chris and Jess said together 'Then come with me,' she said."

  • A QB Grows in Lawndale, by Kristen Bealer (part 12): "He turned another corner and looked at the patterns made by the streetlights filtering through the trees as he thought about Link. Why do I even want to pick another fight with Dad? It's not like I'm even sure I wanna do this, anyway. It'd be like I'm making a big deal about something I don't even want. Or at least I think I don't hey is that Daria?"

  • A Rather Interesting Way To Go (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by DIsaac (COMPLETE!): "'So who the poor unimportant sap that kicked the bucket this time? Said Jane Lane, One part of the mortician team that would work to make Tom look good for the show. 'That poor bastard is Tom' said Daria who is the other half of the team."

  • They Don't Cry (Iron Chef: Crazy Pairing Story!), by RX-87 (COMPLETE!): "'Mmm, Jeff?' Dawn cooed, hoping maybe tonight would be the night things would change. He was in such a good mood tonight. Maybe he'd be up for it. 'Wuzzat, Beautiful?' The muscular young man grunted, not moving from his embrace of his lover's plush body. 'You know there's that school dance coming up?' Dawn said, casually. 'Yeah, so?' Jeffy's tone wasn't at all encouraging."

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria and Jane in your Home Town), by neonhomer (COMPLETE!): "I was heading home from a jobsite, when I spotted a car on the side of the road, with out of state plates, with its four-way flashers on. I slowed down, and pulled over. A girl wearing a red jacket gets out of the driver's seat. 'Yall need help?' I ask as I walk up."

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Old Daria.), by RX-87 (COMPLETE!): "When Daria could take no more of the over-endowed blond bimbo sitting in the chair next to her bed mangling The Aeneid with her squeaky voice (she was the granddaughter of an old classmate, wasn't she? What was her name? Damn senility...), Daria called out to a nearby nurse."

  • Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fanfic should have: Last Friday Night!), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Mack shook his head. 'What he hell's up with Upchuck and your mom, anyway?' 'Well, he saw her in that really skimpy elf-outfit she wore for her Christmas card a few years back-' Jane's laugh warmed the room. 'The one she'd done as a little gag gift for your dad?' Tom joined in on her laughter. 'The one the printers mistook for their cards to be sent out to everyone on their Christmas card list.'"

No comments: