Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Just Another Average Joe


Today is National Joe Day, so let's call everyone Joe to avoid the confusion. Jamie probably gets called Joe(y) all the time, so he's used to it. Happy National Joe Day, Joe!

Fanfic Update!
  • After the Disaster 2 :: The Invitation, by Fhujeth_x (part 3): "Contrary to popular belief, Tiffany was very stubbourn and didn't like being told what to do, unfortunately, neither did Sandi - and that was the biggest issue in their friendship... because both were divas and didn't like to take shit from other people. 'Tif-' She rolled her eyes, 'Fine, but if she says something stupid...'"

  • Apocalyptic Daria: Fence Builders Corps, by Doggieboy (part 1): "'DANIELS! Where the hell have you been? We've been looking all over for you!' Jennifer's expression turned to a mixture of disgust and anger as she said, 'If it's any business of yours, Joe, I was off duty after I delivered a dinner tray to Mr. Thompson here.' 'When I look for you, little girl, I expect you to be findable. And you call me Mister Collins from now on. Do I make myself clear?'"

  • Clique Swap, by psychotol (part 24): "Cameraman: 'Either of you want to talk to me here?' Daria: looks at Jane, then at the camera. 'There's quite a bit I'd like to say, but half of it would be unbroadcastable in primetime hours, and the other half could ... ... Sorry, no comment.'"

  • Dani and Stacy Love ......Myke Hawke and Mianus (Scenes no Daria fanfic should have: Last Friday Night!), by DIsaac (COMPLETE!): "STACY: Welcome back to the show! Stacy and Dani on the air at WHUB 98.5. DANI: You said you had something to talk about now. STACY: Yes, I do! I was online on wiklpedia today and I discover.......Myke Hawke."

  • Daria DeMartino: Esteemers with the DeMartinos, by Reven384 (part 3): "'So basically she lied and abused her trust for petty revenge,' Quinn said coldly. Daria saw the look in her sister's eyes and was a little intimidated. If there was one thing she hated to see was an angry Quinn. The girl was nearly impossible to rile up and would take even the most horrible insult with a smile and an apology. She was polite and kind and went out of her way to please everyone and would get sad if someone didn't like her, but when Quinn got mad she got dangerously mad."

  • Daria - Double Down, by neonhomer (part 33): "Quinn took the phone. 'Hey Sandi.... Yeah... Yeah... Sure.. I'd like to.. Okay.. See you in a few.' Quinn hung the phone up and set it on the table. 'What did she want?' asked Helen, a bit coldly. 'She wants to come over and hang out for a few.' Said Quinn. 'Oh.' Said Helen. 'Quinn, are you sure that's a good idea?' 'I don't see anything wrong with it.' Said Quinn. 'I'm just not comfortable with her being around you.' Said Helen."

  • Disconnect the Dots, by InvisibleDan (parts 6 - 8): "Some of the other students seemed to have trouble reading aloud. They would pause between words, and sometimes even the most basic sentences came out wrong. I didn't say anything, but inside my stomach was being tied into a knot. I never understood how some people who wanted to be writers could not figure out that they had to be readers first." (Part 7) (Part 8)

  • A Distant Lawndale, by Arena del Sur (part 8): "–Grandma, what are you doing here? You're alone. Where are Dad and Mom? –They had a business dinner in the downtown, probably you must have crossed them. I wasn't expecting you to came back home, at least not so early... Definitely something strange was happening there. I remained on my feet, trying to figure out the question I had to make. I wasn't accustomed to Grandma's presence, but she was here and I shouldn't waste the opportunity."

  • Into the Black, Into the Blue (Questions/MLP) Ch 2, by Lord Yellowtail (part 1): "A thud from above shook the Blackhawk so hard Finn felt his guts churning in an entirely different and even more unpleasant way, and then his ears rang with the horrible screeching sound of metal being torn away from itself even as he heard other pieces of it breaking off in great cracks that left his skull throbbing. The IR overlay on the canopy's windshield made it easy to see chunks of the copter's blades flying towards the ground—as if they had broken off on something."

  • A New Beginning (IC Runaway Daria), by LadieT (part 4): "Quinn drew out a long, deep sigh. It wasn't the exact same thing her counselor had told her, but close. She looked over at her twenty-old cousin. At least Erin is trying, that's more than I can say for Rita and Grandma. Maybe Erin's right - maybe it is time for me to move on."

  • The Prep, the Artist and the Loner, by Walter Kovacs (part 2): "'How about you, Daria? How was your first day?' 'Being in classes with people who have the ability to think and basic literacy is quite an unusual experience' Daria sipped her glass of water then continued 'However, despite my best efforts to the contrary I think I made a friend.' Sensing an opportunity to strike, Quinn chimed in: 'Oooh! Are you talking about the cute boy I saw you chatting with in the hall between class?'"

  • Rude Awakening Ep.10: Sandi vs The EPT , by DIsaac (part 5): "SANDI: Huh? Never mind. Mom I got some news. LINDA: Oh God... You got your first wrinkle? MOMMY'S COMING! SANDI: No it's not that. Mother, I'm expecting a child. LINDA: At 40, right?"

  • Sandi :: Well... This Sucks :: Chapter 13, by Fhujeth_x (parts 2 - 4): "Chris continued, beaming with victory, 'I bet a werewolf killed your boyfriend!' He referred to Scotty and his untimely mutilation. 'I bet you're a werewolf!!' He looked at his older sister, then his brother, then back at his sister. Sam blinked a few times, 'Hey... that'd make sense...'" (Part 3) (Part 4)

  • Self-Esteem (A genderswap never before done), by ThanatosRW (COMPLETE!): "I look into the mirror at my tear-soaked face. Is there anything really that wrong with me? I look over my curly red mane and my freckles. How could it be that little girls with red hair and freckles are the most precious things ever while teenage girls with red hair and freckles are not that attractive?"

  • To Annoy a Mockingbird. Chapter 05, by BF110C4 (part 4): "If this last moth had showed her something it was that any chat with Timothy O'Neill was a potential train wreck, and those aren't fun when you're inside that particular train. So when he was writing on the schedule she took a peek, and managed to recognize the budget amid a large number of doodles and incoherent notes in the margins. Then she decided to press the Emergency Stop before the inevitable collision. 'Mr. O'Neill, may I have a look of your notebook?'"

  • X-men: Daria's Evolution, by Reven384 (part 7): "Raven rushed back to base as quickly as possible. If her old friend could be believed this envelope contained the worst crisis for mutant kind in many years. She rushed through the base giving a quick greeting to her son and lover before slamming the door shut in her room. She scanned the contents of the envelope carefully. 'My God,' she said, 'I've racked up my share of bad karma over the years, but this is disgusting.'"

1 comment:

JoeMerl said...

Well, I have a new favorite holiday! :-D