Today is the anniversary of the Hindenburg disaster in 1937, an infamous tragedy that's notable within fandom because of the poster adorning the inside of Daria's locker.
Also, happy birthday to the late Sigmund Freud, born on this day in 1856. Without Freud, we would not have psychotherapy. Without psycho therapy, we would not have "Psycho Therapy." Without that episode, we would not have gotten that awesome role-playing scene.
Today's essay question: Does Jake's milk obsession have its roots in some deep-seated trauma related to his mother? Explain.
- Find out how historical figures would have looked today in the article linked in the thread.
- MartinUK shares the next leg of his trip: Buenos Aires.
- Was Bobby dangerous or just dishonest? Give your reasons in a new Deep Thoughts thread.
- Jeremy Garrett wonders if anything from real life remind you of Daria?
- Whatever happened to the American arcade? Roentgen muses about it in the Weapons of Mass Distraction forum.
- Two new Iron Chefs have been posted in Creative Writing: Roentgen's Things that will never come out of Stacy's mouth...EVER and Shiva's Brittany at Great Prairie State.