Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Great Educator


Happy birthday to The Tramp! Settle down, Quinn, no one's talking about anyone in the Fashion Club. It was on this day in 1889 that Charlie Chaplin was born! Mr. O'Neill only wishes he were as talented as Chaplin.

We also celebrate National Stress Awareness Day today, and Jake has a public service announcement for us: "Stressed? Why do people keep telling me I'm stressed? If I weren't stressed, I'd get stressed by everyone telling me I'm stressed!"

Fanfic Update!
  • Angela Li's Date in 98 (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: No longer in the 1%), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'I must admit Ms. Li,' Karl Rove said to his lovely middle-aged Asian companion during a light brunch at The Settlement, 'by the time I finished your opinion piece I was stunned. Finally there was another human being who thought just like me.'"

  • Mine, by Vukodlak (part 6): "It had been Tom who'd suggested taking them to the Zoo this weekend and like many things Daria lost interest in years ago they suddenly sounded fun if her daughter was involved."

  • Unnamed story ([Iron Chef – Round Robin – Free For All] Time Loops), by Wraith (parts 5 and 6): "'Hey, Daria. Can I ask you something?' Trent asked. 'Sure, Trent.' 'Why is Janey going to BFAC again?'" (Part 6 by Brother Grimace)

  • Unnamed story (Mr. O'Neill, Asshole), by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "In the audience, the gears in Mr. O'Neill's head were turning. What if he gave his students an assignment that expressly asked them to try to fail?"

  • Unnamed story (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part III), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'She hits me because she loves me.' Tom thought to himself, his personal chant, as blow after blow hit him." (Continued by Roentgen)

  • Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: No longer in the 1%), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Sandi growled and swiped away a face-full of some plant's thick, low-hanging branches and fan-like leaves as she made her way. 'How come the so-called "brain" doesn't use hers when she sees a giant jewel in the middle of the room, sitting on a silk pillow with a light over it, and realizes that she shouldn't touch it?'"

  • Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: No longer in the 1%), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "'It's Baby Girl!' he says from across the book store and runs up to me, hugging me. Well, not so much 'hugging' as 'eclipsing' me."

  • Without Warning, by SentrytheDefiant (part 7): "Jace continued to stuff his suitcase with t-shirts and boxer shorts, 'I do envy you. Do you know where I'll be this weekend? The Lane family reunion. Dozens of Lanes from all over the country converging in one Midwestern split-level to remind themselves why they scattered in the first place.'"

No comments: