Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy Birthday, Stacy!


Today is Sarah Drew's birthday, and she's turning 31! Drew was of course the voice of Stacy Rowe, and hopefully that chocolate won't cause her sensitive skin to break out.

This is also International Day of Older Persons, so this would be a good day to volunteer to read to senior citizens at the Better Days Nursing Home. I recommend Ginsberg's "Howl," but don't forget to end each sentence as if you're asking a question? 'Cause then you sound, like, perky?

Fanfic Update!
  • Daria is Raven's Apprentice, by project pegasus: "(Raven leaves Cyborg and joins the rest of the Titans) Daria: Where’s Cyborg? Why isn't he here? Raven: None of your beeswax, Ramona. Besides, I thought that you already eavesdropped in my conversation with Cyborg. Daria: I did. I just wanted to embarrass you in front of the others."

  • Data Dump (reposted), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "'Daria Morgendorffer003,' said the prison robot, 'your record of behavior at the Maryland Correctional Institution for Women has been reviewed. During your three years of incarceration, you have met the minimum behavior standards of the state of Maryland and you are to be automatically paroled to the general population. CommunityNet access is to be restricted for a further three years, but access may be reviewed on a monthly basis. You will be informed of the review results. Do you agree to this parole? Please answer "yes" or "no".'"

  • Her Fear, by ST91 (COMPLETE!): "'please do not interrupt me, I repeat Darius is not your fault, you did not do anything wrong, we've been together for over a year, we really love each other and it is natural that you want us to become more intimate, Indeed I wonder how you managed to resist so much because you have the most sexy girl of Lawndale as girlfriend . I want it too , but last night I behaved like one of those old ladies who see rapists everywhere, it was my fault, so Darius I'll apologize and hope you can accept them .'"

  • Homeless Daria Episode 4: Cafe Dispossessedo, by RX-87 (part 1): "'Seriously, though, what is that you're writing?' 'Just this story I'm writing,' Daria said indifferently, 'Well, rewriting, actually. It's something I had on my computer, you know, but...' her voice trailed off sadly. 'Yeah, I guess you're not really up for going back for it, huh?' 'Couldn't even if I wanted to,' Daria said, flatly. 'How's that?' 'It's gone. All of it's gone...'"

  • Lawndale and Sandi Griffin’s Genie (Chapter 5), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 6): "'So, you want Sandi to be running all over Lawndale all afternoon?' Louisa asked. 'Maybe,' Elias said. 'That seems like a good plan,' Louisa thought as she took a sip from her drink. 'Yeah,' Elias said with a smile."

  • Riser, by Smijey (parts 1 and 2): "Jane lay curled in her bed, gazing intently at the wall. She didn't want to turn around, because that would mean looking at the blank canvas set up in the middle of her room again, and that would mean she would start crying again. She hadn't been able to paint since Daria had died." (Part 2)

  • Rude Awakening Ep.9: Join The Club, by DIsaac (part 4): "JANE: Uhh, Daria what are you planing? DARIA: I have to talk with Jodie and her friend that’s coming to town. JANE: I don't like that plan. DARIA: It's a good plan. Trust me. JANE (starts thinking for a moment and then stops): Nope, it still don't change my opinion about your plan at all."

  • School Spirit: Valentine's Day Massacre, by Smijey (part 3): "He wore a zoot suit like his contemporaries on the 'football team' (it seemed to be a privilege awarded to the upper echelons of the mob social structure...or something, Daria tried not to make sense of the insane situation too much), but had taken the jacket part off and had hung it on the coat hooks just inside the front door. He pushed the brim of his fedora up just a bit, so as to get a better view of her, causing locks of his black hair to poke out from under it. 'Look, I already set up the maze, so you don't need to do anything...if you want, we have the Pigskin Channel, so you can go watch that --' Kevin interrupted her with a grin. 'I ain't interested in pigs' skins. Your skin, now...'"

No comments: