Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Bottled Up


I think Jesse has taken National Beer Day much too far, but I guess he doesn't seem upset about it. I suspect Kevin's going to be celebrating this one, either by smashing cans on his head or singing all the way down from ninety-nine. Anyone else doubtful that he can count to ninety-nine at all, let alone backwards?

Today is also the anniversary for the episodes "This Year's Model" in 1997 and "I Loathe a Parade" in 2000. The Fashion Club got plenty of chances to pose in both, and Daria managed to torpedo their efforts both times. Everyone got to use their strengths!

Fanfic Update!
  • And So The American Experiment Begins, by Lady Evil (part 5): "Helen went upstairs to get her daughters. 'Girls, both of the boys are here. Oh, Quinn, you look lovely! That hairdo is so cute!'"

  • Common Ground (Linn's short stories (or ficlets, drabbles...)), by Linnofthewoods (part 3): "'I can't believe I'm doing this,' Daria spoke to Godzilla as she brushed her hair. 'I'm going into a movie theater full of little kids just so I can watch something I love way too much from my childhood.'"

  • The Creation of Beauty, by Crow Jones (part 3): "Quinn looked in the mirror at the damage her sister did yesterday. Her cheek had completely healed from the initial slap that she had landed, that was good."

  • Daria and Jane Discuss... Why the Morgendorffers Don't Celebrate Easter (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Closing Walls of Schloss Morgendorffer and Casa Lane), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "JANE: 'Hey Daria.' DARIA: 'What Jane?' JANE: 'You know that Easter is tomorrow and I was wondering...'"

  • Daria on the Trail (Daria Landing In Another Fanfiction: An Experiment), by Meester_Lee (part 3): "Oh, boy, she thought. I’m definitely back in the Wild West era."

  • A Kiss to Build a Scream On (General "Daria in Morrowind" Thread), by welltemperedclavier (COMPLETE!): "Quinn Morgendorffer, first of her name (so far as she knew), finally had the world in her grasp."

  • Too Sexy For Her Brain (The Carbones), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "Daria and Anderson are hastily throwing their clothes back on. Both of them visibly regret what they did the night before."

No comments: