Saturday, April 2, 2022

Read a Handmade Children's Book!


Daria's found an interesting way to celebrate International Children's Book Day, but I think she should have stuck with Black Beauty to keep in the spirit of the holiday. I guess as long as it gets kids reading, any book will do!

Today is also National Handmade Day, so if someone gives you a hand-carved necklace then try not to treat it like nuclear waste. Unless it's carved from actual nuclear waste, that is.

Finally, today is the anniversary of the episode "Art Burn" in 2001. Jane definitely created a lot of handmade things, and she had the cramped muscles and artist's block to prove it!

Fanfic Update!
  • The 25 Best Movies for a Bad Movie Night, by Erin M (parts 1 and 2): "While I spend a lot of my time writing for 'Way Too Late with Larry Purvis' to pay my bills (There, obligatory plug out of the way), I’ve found as I get older, that it’s important to take time out to recharge and let your brain just calm the hell down." (Part 2)

  • Donut Piece ( Scenes no Daria fanfic should have), by shiva (COMPLETE!): "'Cake me in makeup because I feel like a biological scallop that craves a boner in the eye!'"

No comments: