Sunday, May 25, 2008

DON'T PANIC!

Yes, today is Towel Day, one of many special celebrations this day before Memorial Day. Towel Day commemorates the great comedy SF works of Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's Guide series).

The image at left is the only pic I can find anywhere that shows Daria with a towel, so this is now the official unofficial Daria Celebrates Towel Day Image. Maybe someone can post a clearer picture. It's from the start of IIFY?, before the ball hits Daria. (I took the ball out.)

Towel Day must be an interesting kid at Holiday Island High, always wearing a towel around his/her neck. Also at Holiday Island High today are Africa Day (a transfer student with a West African accent) and May Revolution Day (another transfer student who speaks Spanish with an Argentinian flavor). We also have Universal Day of the Jedi, in honor of the very first showing of the movie Star Wars only 31 years ago. (Man, that makes me feel old.) I cannot find any Star Wars alter egos of the Daria cast, so we'll have to skip that.

I remember now why I took a break last November from writing fanfic: I hardly have time for it thanks to some schedule changes in Real Life. Doing entries for this blog was easier and took less time. Nonetheless, the Doc Holliday story on PPMB/SFMB will continue. I'm about a third of the way through Chapter 4.

Time to do a fanfic update. More soon. Thanks for putting up with me.

No comments: