Friday, May 16, 2008

Smoking Stinks

Only twenty years ago today, the then-Surgeon General of the United States, C. Everett Koop, announced that nicotine had addictive properties similar to heroin and cocaine. More recently, it was discovered that tobacco companies have been increasing the amount of nicotine in cigarettes over time, which logically makes it more difficult for smokers to quit smoking as time goes on. Anyone out there putting two and two together? If you want to quit, you may soon find that to be literally impossible. Now, that's angst.

Um, actually, I admit I wouldn't mind reading more about toad smoking at Lawndale High. . . .

A new mini-essay at Fortress CINCGREEN offers worthy food for thought about series stories and sequels in Daria fandom. I posted some comments to it, only to realize later I was talking about serial stories, which wasn't what he was talking about at all, so ignore everything I wrote there unless CINCGREEN deleted it, in which case it doesn't matter and you can forget about what I wrote above. I trust that's clear enough.

More in a moment. Back again.

PPMB

No comments: