Look Back in Annoyance" aired on MTV. It was, in Daria's words, "a cheap-ass clip show," but we did get a few fun tidbits like Daria's fling with 'N Sync and Jane's aspirations of working at Disney.
Be sure to nominate for the 2012 Daria Fanworks Awards! Time is almost up!
- Blue's Reflection, by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "She stared at her reflection, her blue eyes having acquired wisdom during the whirlwind that was her career, her blond hair flowing down, the elaborate stage makeup having been cast aside for the moment."
- A Cynical Earth, by RLobinske (part 3): "Dorothy looked around and quietly said, 'Why were you here and where have you gone?' 'Who was here?' Daria asked. That caught Dorothy's attention. 'Somebody I used to know in my younger days – much younger.'"
- Daria's Voyager, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "'Daria Morgendorffer, I served with your father on the Al-Batani. I wonder if we could go somewhere and talk.' 'About What?' 'About a job we'd like you to do for us,' the Captain asked. Sarcasm showed heavily in her tone."
- Daughters of Lies (Scenes that should be: Polite Requests), by thatLONERchick (COMPLETE!): "'Witches are bad, right?' Old Man McGrundy stared at the youth for a moment, then sat on his log with a weary sigh. 'And where did you hear that, girl?' The blond opened her mouth to respond, but was preempted. 'From your father, no doubt.'"
- The Divine Cynic, by PrecambrianStudios (part 2): "Gods? Huh. How about that. And I'm a half-god. That probably comes with some perks. Now if only this dream could go on forever. However, why would my dreams include Quinn?"
- Dylan, by J-D (part 16): "Coach sighed. 'Kris, if you flunk Language Arts there's nothing we can do to keep you on the team.' 'Then we just have to make sure I don't flunk Language Arts, right? You can have a word with Ms FitzPatrick, right?'"
- Heroes and Villains Part One: The Incident, by Reven384 (part 2): "'The less you know the better,' John Doe said, 'But don't worry the only people who know you are involved are me and those guys who were chasing you. So if you want me to get to them in time to help you should leave me be. I promise you when this is over no one will know what happened tonight and you can just live your life.'"
- The Mageborn Cynic : Daria & the School of Magic : Part 2, by peetz5050 (parts 10 and 11): "'Lady Daria is correct, there was an archmage among our foes though I cannot distinguish one mage from another based on their magics alone.' Anthony added." (Part 11)
- The Night Helen Saved Christmas, by Aloysius (part 4): "A raven-haired young woman clothed only in a black, hip-length satin robe stretched out on the bed and yawned. Then she sighed as she propped herself up and sipped from an opened bottle of Coca-Cola. She said, 'Dammit, Jake, did you really think that she'd still be pining for you? It's been more than a year since you dumped her, you know.'"
- Quinn's Code 07: The Grounded Geek, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 5): "'Time for gaming then.' she thought. However as she turned on the X-Box, there was sudden burst of music and the house vibrated. She knew what it was; Daria playing her music with the amplifiers turned up to the highest settings. Very annoying."
- TDJS Ch.3 Kung-fu party, by ST91 (COMPLETE!): "Although Helen had told him to call for any special needs, Dario felt the jitters grow as he approached Lawndale High. Instinctively, he took Jane's hand who, noting her boyfriend's growing nervousness,squeezed his hand reassuringly. 'Don't worry, I'm sure that nothing will happen and if anything does, I'll be by your side.'"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: The Sheldon Quotation Theorem), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "'Oh, hey, Daria,' she started, 'could you help me out with something? I desperately need some wood right now.'"
- We Are One, by PrecambrianStudios (parts 11 and 12): "Jake uttered a moan, which suddenly turned into a scream. 'Yow! My eyes! Helen, I'm blind!' Helen peered at them.'Oh dear, Jake. You burst your blood vessels in both of them. Again.' Daria whispered to her twin, 'You mind getting the camera?' 'Yes, I do, actually.' 'Fine. Damn you.'" (Part 12)
- What The Photographer Did (Iron Chef: Random Pairing Challenge!), by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "The doorbell rang. Erin Chambers, wearing her wedding gown, days away from her vow renewal, happily and energetically bounced up from her couch and answered the door to her apartmen. A blond, bespectacled young man in a blue polo shirt stood on her porch. He was holding a camera."