National Science Fiction Day, celebrated on this day in honor of author Isaac Asimov's birthday. Daria's getting into the spirit of things, although this won't help those "atomic Communist from Mars" rumors.
Don't forget to nominate for the 2012 Daria Fanworks Awards! The deadline is January 15th.
- A Cynical Earth, by RLobinske (part 1): "Going around her desk, Dorothy also sat down, while letting one hand rest on a wood and glass case set on the wall. Inside the case was a worn leather jacket covered with patches, including a prominent 'A' centered on the back. Dorothy looked across the desk and said, 'Welcome to A Charitable Earth.'"
- Daria and Stacy (IC: Stacy Morgendorffer), by Shiva (part 1): "Stacy used the rear-view mirror to check on her big sister, in her combat boots, ratty jeans, black Nine Inch Nails shirt, glasses, but nicely combed auburn hair. She unknowingly returned Daria's smirk from earlier and thought once again, 'God my sister's cool.'"
- DW: The Many Doctors, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 11): "The Doctor emerged from the TARDIS. 'What happened, everyone got captured?' he asked. 'Yes, we all put up a fight, but they were all captured,' Daniel said. 'We were lucky to escape!' Lana said. 'Right, one rescue party coming up!' the Doctor said."
- Dylan, by J-D (parts 15c and 15d): "When they asked the man behind the counter about the shark, he pointed to a display case that housed only one huge tooth. 'What?!' exclaimed Rod, and Dylan could see that he was working himself up into a synthetic burst of outrage, the kind that Dylan recalled so well from their memorable trip to the Mall of the Millennium. He grabbed his friend by the sleeve and whispered in his ear." (Part 15d)
- Forever Together, by ST91 (COMPLETE!): "The years had passed and it showed. Her face was furrowed by deep wrinkles and her hair, once black as pitch, had turned white as snow. Only her eyes had kept the same shade of sapphire blue they had when she was young."
- Lawndale and Sandi Griffin's Genie (Chapter 8), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 6): "'You must be mistaken,' Quinn said, trying not to cave. 'Why do I do that?' 'I'm not mistaken!' Linda said. 'You are!' Nicole dared. 'I'm not mistaken. There is damage to my house and my sons both said that you were there!' Linda said."
- Luna and the Moose, by Erin M. (part 5): "He snorted and stood up straight, straightening his vest. Time (and moose, apparently) waited for no pony. Less than three hours until dawn, with no guarantee the ambassador wouldn't show up unexpectedly early. He let out another sigh and turned to head for the west tower."
- The Mageborn Cynic : Daria & the School of Magic, part 2, by peetz5050 (part 7): "Lady Quinn, wearing a travelling cloak, stepped forward first and dipped her a curtsey. 'Lady Joanna.' She began. 'Forgive me but I must depart. I have a prior invitation to attend dinner at the home of Lady Tio-Fan. I tried to get out of it because I wished to meet you properly and get to know you but you know what Royalty is like, she would not be gainsaid. She orders us around like servants sometimes I don't know who she thinks she is! It's not like she's even a member of our Royal family! But she...' 'Quinn!'"
- Musical Theater, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "'So, The Hobbit beat out Django Unchained and Les Miserables!' Daria sat up from her comfy chair in the middle of the commons area. 'Why would you care about that, Quinn?'"
- My New Nemesis, by Brain Camper (part 2): "Jane: Is that makeup or has 'The Infamous Thing' kept you up again? Daria, in a low, tired tone: Yeah, I borrowed makeup from Quinn just so you would ask me that question."
- The Night Helen Saved Christmas, by Aloysius (part 3): "The first children had been bused in, and it wasn't quite what Steve expected. He had braced himself for a bunch of running, screaming kids - a bunch of brats, truthfully - but these kids came in slowly, very few walking under their own power. Several were in wheelchairs, and a couple used walkers. Children using walkers?, he thought. Good Lord, what happened to them?"
- One (More) Little Thing, by peetz5050 (parts 21 and 22): "'Stop feeling so sorry for yourself and get rid of that, we need to talk!' Jake looked at her, then down at his glass, then back at her. 'Slainte!' He said and downed the whiskey. 'There, all gone. What is it now? I paid those bills as we agreed, I haven't forgotten anything.'" (Part 22)
- Operation Glitterberries, by BF110C4 (part 11.2): "The worst part was that, as far as her body was concerned, the exercises he recommended were far more challenging that she expected. She was weak, and that was going to be a problem that she would need to live for a while until she could condition this new body to the old one's standards."
- RA Holiday Special : The Holidays are just Crazy!, by DIsaac (part 8): "JODIE: You two have no morals. ALISON: What are morals? MELODY: I'm a politician. We don't even know what word is. Does it have a creamy center?"
- The Remember That They All Served Affair, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Julia was caught between an abject state of awe and near-total embarrassment as she recognized all three of the men standing with the Legion Advisor – the two speaking to her, from her independent studies work at Quantico during her time as a Cadet Second Class, and the last - from her roommate Sherrie Klein's work, as she built a cornucopia of different tech-devices; lately, for medical purposes..."
- Undying Love part 2, by BrownEyedBagel (part 2): "Mad Dog was enjoying what he was seeing. All he saw was scores of people who were willing to take up arms and use them without regret or remorse in defense of their loved ones. It brought back some fond memories of his time in the military."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Armed Teachers), by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "Defoe withdrew something from her cabinet and displayed it to the class, some of whom suddenly tensed: an 18th century musket."
- Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fic should have:Stupid, Silly and Disturbing), by BrownEyedBagel (COMPLETE!): "Daria slowly started to leave the room with a grim resolve. She looked at Jane and sighed heavily. All the hard work and planning; all the laughter and tears and everything in between ripped apart by one lone incident."
- Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fic should have:Stupid, Silly and Disturbing), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "She smelled what was happening a nano second before her ears registered the sounds. A familiar siren song for anyone that lived among the rock n' roll set."
- Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fic should have:Stupid, Silly and Disturbing), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "As Daria and Tom exited the pharmacy card section, they looked down to notice a magazine strewn upon the floor. As they perused the pictures inside, the subject matter soon became clear."
- Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fic should have:Stupid, Silly and Disturbing), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "She tried moving her arms. With a thud, she hit...something. If some cosmic entity is playing games with me, she thought, he has my sense of humor. But if Dante is to be trusted, they're not tricksters as much as they are incinerators."
- Unnamed story (Scenes that should be: Polite Requests), by LadieTAG (COMPLETE!): "'Hey Jane - can you hand me that book over there?' Daria asked pointing at the rather large book sitting on her nightstand."
- What's Going On?, by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Jane wasn't quite sure at first what the hell was going on, even after she downed three pots of coffee (and leaving the teacher's lounge quite barren of that special liquid) and rubbed her eyes very hard."
- Worldhopper: Ring Shadow, by RLobinske (COMPLETE!): "He hung up the phone and looked around his command post. 'It's out of our hands, now. If any of you want to pray, this would be a good time.'" (Part 7)