Animation Magazine discussed Daria and Is It College Yet? on this day in 2002. The writeup was much more complimentary than Val ever was. Check it out to see what Glenn Eichler had to say.
- Dylan, by J-D (part 17a): "When Rod had shut the front door behind him, Dylan went through to the kitchen. His parents were both taking a pull at their respective drinks, so Kris spoke first. 'Cousin Edwin's getting married. Twenty-one's too young to be fitted with a ball and chain.'"
- Glasses and Lipstick (chapter 3), by oni (part 1): "As she came to a stoplight, Linda saw something a little further down the street on the left side. Sitting in the front parking lot of one of the town's cheap motels, was Jake's car."
- Guilt, by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "'Oh boy kiddos! Can you believe it! Berlin!' Jake cried joyously to the night, as various Germans stared at him like he was a lost puppy. 'I can't wait to try out the jelly doughnuts!'"
- Love at the Time of Cynicism (Iron Chef: Throughout The Ages), by ST91 (COMPLETE!): "Daria Morgendorffer walked disconsolately in the park of Liverpool. She had just learned that her father had been planning, for a long time, her betrothal. It's not fair, she thought as she walked through the trees, it is not right. What right do they have to decide my life?"
- The Mageborn Cynic : Daria & the School of Magic : Part 2, by peetz5050 (COMPLETE!): "By the time Chancellor Li had summoned the town council and leading Guildsmen to a meeting to report on the true events of the day it was really too late. The story had stretched and grown until it bore little or no relationship to the facts. One word was now spoken not just with awe but with abject terror: Hellsbane!"
- The Mageborn Cynic : Daria & the School of Magic : Part 3, by peetz5050 (part 1): "It was their captain, the kinetic, that interested her though. He was her classmate, Michael (Mack) of Clan Mackenzie. He was also one of the students earmarked for her to give special instruction to, a potential archmage. He did indeed have some skill."
- RA Holiday Special : The Holidays are just Crazy!, by DIsaac (part 12): "DANI: OK, she has officially lost her ever loving mind! JUDY: Strangely, this isn't the worst. You should have seen her after that Brett Strand guy broke up with her. (Car speeds up again) DANI: (nervously) Stacy, this isn't NASCAR. STACY: Sorry, but the daily allowance of f**ks that I give has been reached for the day. Try again tomorrow."
- The Ravaged Land, by PrecambrianStudios (parts 1 and 2): "Either the pilot really sucks, or something was in the complimentary soda, Daria thought as she sat down next to Jake in the plane seat. She looked out the window: fog obscured any possible view of the ground." (Part 2)
- Sonoma Coma, by jtranser (part 4): "'O.K., Jane, it starts out the usual way: selected members of our faculty interview promising applicants interested in Dream Psychology and push the Breede experience for all its worth. The kids ask us all the usual earnest generic questions about our department which we answer with profound sounding wordlike noises. After 15 minutes of such scripted reassurance, It's our turn to ask the questions and decide if they're going to get in.'"
- Unnamed story (IC: Lyrical Endings), by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "Daria picked up her phone. 'Speak quickly.'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fic should have:Stupid, Silly and Disturbing), by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "Jane held the banana in her hand with a hungry curiosity. 'What should we do with it?'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fic should have:Stupid, Silly and Disturbing), by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "Decked out in a waitress' outfit, along with Jane, Quinn, and Jodie, Daria grumbled, 'I can't believe I'm doing this.'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fic should have:Stupid, Silly and Disturbing), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "The ocean stretched out to the ends of the earth and beyond, the ripples cascading into the distance with each gust of wind. Intelligence, however, stretched merely to the middle of the raft, as Daria and Kevin found themselves stranded on the briny."
- Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fic should have:Stupid, Silly and Disturbing), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "As Daria passed by Quinn's room, something struck her as...odd. The normal study in regurgitated pink was replaced by a dim light emanating from the darkness. One focus of the eyes later, she discovered the source. Quinn sat at her computer, all but engrossed by whatever she was looking at."
- We Are One, by PrecambrianStudios (part 13): "'Pops! Where'd you put my medication!' Gage called from the kitchen inside Harris Studios. He furiously searched around the cabinetry, which only made his headache worse. Dammit, where the hell is it? I know I put it somewhere on the counter...."