Happy International Youth Day! Daria looks less than impressed by the holiday, but d'awww all the same, right?
Today is also the anniversary of the birth of Erwin Schrödinger in 1887. Schrödinger is best known for the thought experiment known as Schrödinger's Cat, in which a cat in a box may be alive or dead--or both. I'm not great with quantum mechanics, but The Angst Guy's fanfic Schrödinger's Tiger should clear everything right up.
- The Amazing Adventures of Captain Invincible!, by Erin M. (part 7): "After making sure the door was locked and the 'closed' sign was up in the window, Twilight retrieved Spike's journal and relocated back to her favorite reading cushion. She made herself comfortable and opened the journal."
- Black Cloaks of Lawndale, by Waylander (part 12): "Daria was scanning the bottom row of her bookshelf when Quinn entered the room without knocking and said, 'Can we talk?'"
- Consequences, by ST91 (part 4): "'You have something in mind, don't you? Otherwise you would not be dressed like that.' said Mack. 'Exactly Mack. In fact I'm going to ...' he began to say, explaining his plan to his friends."
- Credence, by Astrocar82 (part 1): "The careless elegance of her movements with that half-mocking smile on her face just amplified feelings given by her eyes. Daria Morgendorffer radiated a confidence that was intoxicating and frightening."
- A Cure For a Summer Cold (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Why, oh God WHY?!), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'Daaarrreeeaaaa!' Quinn whined with all the force of an annoying eight year old. 'What?' Daria growled, not bothering to look up from her copy of Magic Kitten By Sue Bentley. 'Do you know a way to get rid of this horrible summer cold?'"
- Daria+Stacy fluff, by Astrocar82 (part 7): "'Please tell me you aren't wearing contacts to try to get into Stacy Rowe's pants.' '...' 'Just don't let her make you over, please.' 'I won't let it go that far, Jane...I hope.'"
- Daria and Trent in Foreverness, by DariaLane (COMPLETE!): "Daria: Trent? Trent. Trent: Yes 'My Love.' Daria: Will we ever do anything other than stare meaningfully at each cloud?"
- Daria, Civilization Leader (Scenes that should be: Pacific Rimmers), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "It was strange knowing who she was in a strange group of people that were divided into two different sets, one she knew were settlers and the others were warriors."
- Darius Taylor, by Shiva (part 15): "At the dinner table, Tom took a sip of water from a glass and briefly considered sneaking off to the kitchen for a soda. 'Nah,' He thought to himself, 'Mom would have a fit.'"
- Death Comes to Another Lawndale, by PrecambrianStudios (part 5): "'This crap weighs more than a sumo wrestler,' Suzanne complained to her father as she helped him load Mystik Spiral's equipment into the Tank, which was shuddering from the weight load."
- Dominick Morgendorffer, by macross (part 6): "As he entered both girls took notice of him and each had enormous smiles on their faces. Quinn was the first to speak. 'So Dom, Ronnie here tells me you had a girl on your bike when you stopped by this afternoon,' she said as her grin increased."
- Evening, by JPAGC (part 1): "'I'm doing this now,' said Jane without looking at her. She got a clean sheet, copied the equation from the other and started to develop the formulas. 'I'm not doing remedial math again!'"
- The Great And The Good, by ognawk (part 2): "After being dropped off near the front gates, the Sloane siblings made their way inside. After a pretty silent car journey, the younger Sloane was the first to speak. 'So, Thomas, any idea of whom your date for this week is going to be?' Elsie asked with a smirk."
- The Great Daria Halloween: Beginning, by Ranger Thorne (part 1): "'Mack?' Jane smirked at him. 'How's it going?' 'Ugh,' came the reply. 'A tough day, I take it,' Daria surmised. 'You don't know the half of it,' he confirmed. 'Look, I know you're busy looking for your own stuff, but can you help me with a problem?'"
- Look Sharpie (IC: Tom Sloane, Lax Bro TAKEDOWN!), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "Thomas Sloane woke up, busting the crust from his eyes as his sinuses pounded like a funeral drum in his head."
- LSD, by PrecambrianStudios (part 10): "She placed her hand up against the wall. Taking it away, she asked, [What's that vibrating?] [Probably Quinn's band.]"
- My Dad the Director XXX, by macross (part 4): "For Daria the week of volunteering instigated by Ms. Li had not been going well. After taking one of the few assignments left, reading to the elderly, she was beginning to wish she had signed up for picking up road kill."
- A New Direction (Iron Chef: My Dad, the director), by peetz5050 (parts 4 - 6): "Some time later Daria found herself seated in front of Mrs. Margaret Manson (no relation), the school counselor. Having been given a head's up by Jodie she was sitting up attentively and had her notepad and pen out and ready. Nancy Drew couldn't have looked more eager." (Part 5) (Part 6)
- Quinn's Code 08: Alternapalooza, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (COMPLETE!): "'You would have to drive yourselves though,' Keith said. 'Yeah, College,' Kristen said with a distant look. As they turned around, Quinn thought that there was some deeper meaning to Kristen's remark than just the fact that Keith would be at College..."
- A Scene No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Why, oh God WHY?! The Musical!!! (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Why, oh God WHY?!), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'Oh, me oh my!' Daria sang as she looked down into the toilet, 'There were centipedes in my crotch nostril!'"
- Something (Slightly) Wicked Ch2, by macross (parts 8 and 9): "Daria had been heading for the snack when some someone bumped into her from behind sending falling straight into a red haired boy in a long black pea-coat and charcoal grey corduroys with black Italian boots." (Part 9)
- Tom Sloane, Lax Bro, by Shiva (part 16): "'Hey little bro!' Hank Cloves said to the twelve year old as he bounded towards him, and Hank pulled the little guy into a big bear hug, 'Glad you could make it.'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Why, oh God WHY?!), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "(A heavy Doc Martin comes down in the camera; brief climpses of corporate malpractice and excess play over Daria striding forward, a clipboard in her hand)"
- Upchuck Pesters O'Neill, by DariaLane (part 1): "Mr O'Neill: I have come to speak to you both in confidential terms - another class mate needs some keen social integration as he appears to lack some skills."
- Upchuck Pesters Sandi, by DariaLane (part 1): "Sandi: Hello unsufferable knave-tyrant. I am sure you know whom I am talking to. Upchuck: Feisty....! Feistier... Quinn: Hey, geez Sandi.... Have you gone off your rocker??"