Wednesday, October 15, 2014

This Blog Post Sucks


It was on this day, according to This Book Sucks, that Daria submitted an assignment for Human Sciences class consisting of an interview with Beavis and Butt-head. The interview focused on urban legends, perhaps making it a prequel to the Daria episode "Legends of the Mall." But probably not.

Also, happy birthday to the late philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, born on this day in 1844. One of his famous quotes, "That which does not kill us makes us stronger," was repeated by Daria in "The Invitation" to comfort Brittany over the wet lunch trays.

Fanfic Update!
  • Action Stories #5: When it Rains, it Pours, by NightGoblyn (COMPLETE!): "'I wish you weren't leaving,' Jane said. 'Yeah, me too,' Rayne said. 'But I'll be back, I promise. I need to do this.'"

  • Always look on the Bright Side (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: The Madness Sets In), by DarkDranzer (COMPLETE!): "'Anthony, it seems that you have a visitor.' the nurse beamed, 'See? You do have people that care about you.'" (Part 2)

  • Behind the Counter, by NightGoblyn (part 14): "'Tha . . . hey, wait a minute,' Daria said, slapping one hand down on the corner of the bag before the man could take it. 'This is Canadian money.'"

  • Falling Away From Me, by Sailor Pluto (part 1): "If someone had to put it nicely, Highland was, Highland was, okay so there was no way of putting it nicely because Highland was basically a shithole of a town which made a person wonder how anyone could possibly live there."

  • Mind Games (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: The Madness Sets In), by Snow-Kitty (part 1): "'Mr. DeMartino, I think you have something stuck to your ... um ... butt,' Jane said, pointing to the tall, lanky man's behind."

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef : MMORPG, Lawndale style), by Waylander (part 4): "Tom Sloane started to suspect that his soon-to-be-former best friends Pat Seven and Terry Wicklemore were a part of Fielding's criminal underworld. That was the only explanation of his latest bout of stupidity."

  • Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: The Madness Sets In), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "'All right, Quinn,' Mrs. Barch said, as she handed the redhead a pistol, 'It's time for your final test - to see if you've renounced the ways of women acting solely to please men.'"

  • Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: The Madness Sets In), by NightGoblyn (COMPLETE!): "'So, um,' Timothy O'Neill paused to glance at his seating chart. 'Bob? Would you like to tell me about what we just read?'"

  • Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: The Madness Sets In), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "'...I made a bad decision regarding drinking,' Tom said, 'That decision almost cost me my life. However, the scandalous accusations surrounding that event never happened. I completely deny them.'"

  • Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: The Madness Sets In), by Silver (COMPLETE!): "The pain throbbing through the back of his skull was almost blinding, easily holding its own with the aches and pains the rest of his body was emitting. The fact he could remember how he'd ended up cracked over the skull to end up unconscious on his back in one of Lawndale's less pleasant alleys wasn't helping."

  • Up In Smoke, by Princess_Pasta (part 4): "Laughter rose up around the small comedy club as Jane stood on stage, smiling radiantly. Quinn watched her, clapping politely but never smiling. Seeing her there only reminded Quinn of what was going on inside of her."

2 comments:

Charles said...

Hi, I was just doing some routine research on Daria and I found this blog. I still have to read the post when I get home. You have no idea how enlightened I am to look at a post with today's date. It gave me a warm feeling.

Every day I watch Daria, and even though I wasn't a watcher back when it was still airing (Even though it's airing in my country, and ever since I watched one episode 4 months ago I watch it every single day. She has motivated me, given me strength. I have actually fallen in love with her.

However every time I remembered she stopped airing sometime around 2001 I have felt so bad inside. Like the best is gone and I missed it. So for me to know there are still people devoted to her. I don't kno I just had to send this message.

Kristen Bealer said...

Hi, Charles!

I'm glad you enjoyed the blog post. If you'd like to talk to more Daria fans, please consider signing up on the PPMB (thepaperpusher.net/forum). We'd love to see you there! :)