Daria's taking a solemn moment to think about Samuel Clemens (also known as Mark Twain) on the anniversary of his birth on this day in 1835. Of course, solemn wouldn't describe a humorist like Twain, so maybe she should consider reverting to her usual sarcasm.
Also on the subject of satirists, today is also the anniversary of the birth of Jonathan Swift on this day in 1667. Tip for those who don't know (and they're out there): his Modest Proposal had nothing to do with asking anyone to marry him.
- Bearing the Summer, by Lady Evil (part 16): "Quinn stepped out of the taxi and waited for the driver to unload her luggage. This was going to take awhile, so Quinn took a good look at her old house."
- Danny Morgendorffer, by ST91 (part 55): "The next day, Daniel and the members of the school newspaper were having lunch at their usual table. As expected, what happened in the men's locker room had become public knowledge."
- Daria in the Background (IC : Daria doesn't need glasses), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "Daria Morgendorffer just wanted to be left alone. As she had grown up she had found she was different to the other children, and to her sister Quinn."
- The Engineer and the Time Lady, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 9): "Alpha and the Synth were in Transporter Room 1, along with a replicated coracle, which the Synth would use to board the distressed ship. 'Ready for transport?' Alpha asked."
- Life Goes On: A Christmas Special, by WildDogJJ (parts 2 - 4): "Quinn and Jim are pacing nervously. They've just found out that some troll deleted Quinn's YouTube channel, de-monetized Jim's channel and suspended their Patreon." (Part 3) (Part 4)
- RA Holidays 2020: Is this year over yet?, by DIsaac (part 1): "JODIE: Guys... DARIA: Nope. JODIE: I haven’t even said what was needed from you guys."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Artie's Abduction), by welltemperedclavier (COMPLETE!): "'Get out of here, Artie!' 'Wait!' Artie said, holding up a hand. 'I won't--'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Closing Walls of Schloss Morgendorffer and Casa Lane), by Lady Evil (COMPLETE!): "'Whoa, Kevin, you made it with Lisa?' asked Joey. 'Yeah, she does this awesome thing with her tongue!' Kevin answered."