Just look how happy/creepy Daria is about today being the anniversary of the beloved children's TV show Sesame Street! The show first aired on this day in 1969, and for a Daria/Sesame Street fanfic crossover that's both funny and heartwarming, check out D is for Daria by Mike Xeno.
If you're in the mood for more children's nostalgia, curl up with an old favorite from your youth for Young Readers Day! Daria will probably pull out her old copy of Black Beauty, but I'm sure it just isn't the same without the cardboard box to sit in.
- Bearing the Summer, by Lady Evil (part 14): "The campers and counselor’s from the Pink Cabin were gathered by the pier in swimwear. 'OK,' said Amelia. 'Who knows a good swimming safety rule?' No one volunteered. 'Come on! One of you has to know something! Joanna?'"
- Commitment Issues, by fringeperson (COMPLETE!): "Something was bothering Daria. It was keeping her up too, which was frustrating even if it was Friday night and she didn't have to think of school tomorrow."
- Daria: Winter Is Coming, by Meester_Lee (part 17): "RIkka Morgendorffer came home from school and knocked on the front door. Her Dad opened it; Rikka saw that he was wearing a dress shirt, grey trousers, and necktie. Uh-oh, she thought."
- The Engineer and the Time Lady, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 7): "Alpha heard a noise. She turned and saw Nina enter the Bridge. She saw that she had rested and smiled. 'You are ready for duty?'"
- The Imitation, by Kristen Bealer (part 1): "'Brittany invited me to her party.' Daria, still looking at Jane's sketchbook, glanced at her friend out of the corner of her eye to see how she'd react. She wasn't disappointed."
- Life Goes On, by WildDogJJ (parts 13 and 14): "Daria Morgendorffer, then a grad student at Boston State, was coming home from a day of studying and classes toward her PhD. She entered the apartment that she shared with her best friend, Jane." (Part 14)
- The More Things Change... (Iron Chef: Daria Characters React to 2020), by welltemperedclavier (COMPLETE!): "'Thank God.' Helen almost didn't hear her own words over Jake's enthusiastic cheering at the computer as CNN declared Joe Biden the projected winner of the 2020 election."
- Vampires, by Accelaa (part 1): "'...Your assignment will be due next Thursday, the first day of the fair. Does anyone have any questions...?'"