I don't think Tom/Howard Hughes is in any condition to recreate Howard Hughes's famous flight on the Spruce Goose on this day in 1947. Although, maybe if he trims those fingernails....
Today is also the anniversary of the birth of Marie Antoinette in 1755. Her story may have had a tragic end, but her legend will live on in--ahem--champagne glasses.
And if you live in the United States and haven't done so already, please VOTE tomorrow!
- Bearing the Summer, by Lady Evil (part 12): "It was after lights out. Jane was about to drift off when she heard Daria’s voice from the bunk above her."
- Doctor Who - Changes in Time and Space, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 5): "'Harkness! UNIT and I definitely need your help,' the Doctor said."
- Life Goes On, by WildDogJJ (parts 7 - 9): "Daria sat in her apartment typing on her computer. In the previous few months she'd fully established herself as a New Yorker. She was doing well at her job." (Part 8) (Part 9)
- Missing You (IC: Make a Daria Character a Killer), by Vukodlak (COMPLETE!): "It had been five years since Daria disappeared one night in Boston. She’d been in her way home from work to her and Janes apartment but she never made it."
- Mysteries of Lawndale 03: Night of the Coffee House, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 4): "Iris Johansen was down in her basement. She got the thing she wanted. And started up. There was no ring of the doorbell. There was certainly no one at her step selling chocolates..."