If Tiffany's trying to catch a lunar view for National Moon Day, then I think I can spot the fatal flaw in her plan. Still, I hope the holiday is about the moon in the sky and not the other kind of moons. As Tiffany would say, ewwwwwwwwww.
Today is also International Chess Day, and Kevin is still waiting for someone to king him.
Finally, this is the anniversary of the episode "See Jane Run," which aired on this day in 1998. Jane's love of running was the main focus of the episode, but I'm still interested in the insight we gained into the dynamic of Daria and Jane's friendship. Daria is super insecure about Jane having outside interests apart from her, especially when guys are involved. Foreshadowing?
- Born on the Fourth of July, by Lady Evil (part 10): "'Hey, kitty, you might want to get out of the way.' Heracles said to a Maine Coon that followed him to the beach where he was taking a watermelon and picnic blanket."
- Daria's Cruise, by Meester_Lee (parts 2 and 3): "Jake held the scratch-off game card in his hand. He was a winner: he had seven matching tokens." (Part 3)
- I'm Just Drawn That Way, by Honey-On-Toast (COMPLETE!): "Daria and Jane returned to the Lane residence stuffed with pepperoni and cheese, their stomach gurgling at the rich abundance it was trying to digest."
- Memories of Deep Duck Thoughts (Linn's short stories (or ficlets, drabbles...)), by Linnofthewoods (COMPLETE!): "Rose's mother, Veronika, was on the front deck of their house, making cornflower blue yarn on her spinning wheel."
- Oh, Sister (The Carbones), by WildDogJJ (part 2): "Jim, Quinn, Daria and Jim's sister, Anna, were in the kitchen. Daria didn't have her glasses and was convinced Anna stole them overnight to spite her while Quinn was playing peacemaker."
- One Big Hippie Family, by Kristen Bealer (part 1): "Helen trudged into the kitchen, head whirling with angry and miserable thoughts. The only thing she wanted to do was pour out all of her troubles to her husband. He wasn't exactly likely to be helpful, but she could always count on him for sympathy."
- Unnamed story (Scenes, Brainstorms, and Drabbles Thread), by benson (parts 1 and 2): "The pouring rain caused the filthy, reeking clay mud to splatter into Sloan's face as he held the barrel of the M4 carbine with the attached MILES laser emitter just out of the small creek." (Part 2)