At right, Stacy dresses as a boxer to remember that fateful day twelve years ago when Mike Tyson got the munchies in the ring and bit off the ear of Evander Holyfield. You see at once how well the two events go together.
Today is also the 83rd birthday of producer, director, screenwriter, comedian, composer, and actor Mel Brooks, and I don't care if that has nothing to do with Daria, I'm celebrating, darn it. He created Blazing Saddles, for pete's sake, and without that we wouldn't have WacoKid! Or the line: "Would you like another schnitzengruben?"
Pinkminx unleashes awesomeness with a portrait of Trent Lane, full length, on PPMB. And speaking of art...
The 2009 Daria Visual Fanworks Listing has been updated by Richard Lobinske! Hooray!
I don't know what's going on, but there is so much fanfiction coming out lately, it just blows my mind. KEEP IT UP! BUT GIVE YOUR STORIES ACTUAL NAMES! Don't let them wander around like unwanted bastard children, never meant to be! Not like a love child, born in poverty! Love child, always second best! Love child, different from the... oh, sorry, got carried away. That is all. Nothing more to see here. Oh! Story names, remember that. Though, oddly, all of the unnamed stories below were as astounding as the named ones.
- Color Coded, by Thecoffeeguru (COMPLETE!): “Is there any more business before I adjourn this meeting of the Fashion Club?” Sandi let her gaze sweep past the faces of her fellow fashion mavens, paying casual yet critical attention for indications of weakness, treachery, or indifference. Being president of the Fashion Club was tireless work, but someone had to do it.
- M4 I & II, by Silver (Part 2): Stretchers and EMTs flooded Lawndale High. The media chose this time to show itself as well. The shell-shocked students suddenly found themselves at the center of a very different sort of chaos.
- Tales of the Ringbearers: With New Responsibility, by Richard Lobinske (Part 5): Walking around the stands, Richard saw a poster that made him stop. It featured a winged woman with spear and shield standing over another fallen gladiator. He used his computer to translate the caption, "The Apocalypse. Five Years Undefeated Champion."
- Operation Nutblocker, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "With HIM?" Jake's voice was fever-pitch high. "Of EVERYONE around here, you had to—I can't even say it!—with HIM?" "I'm sorry, Jake—I didn't mean for you to find out like this—" [Sick, sick, sick...]
- Unnamed story (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by Dennis (COMPLETE!): "Wanna hear a joke, Tom?" Jane asked. Her hands were behind her back, and her eyes were fill of mischief.
- Unnamed story (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): Crouched in a dark and smelly sewer, CTU agent Tom Sloane opened the case in front of him and whistled softly under his breath. "Bad news, Daria," he told the computer analyst on the other end of his cell phone conversation. "It's a bomb. Nuclear. If we don't shut this thing down, the entire city of Lawndale is going to be history in less than a minute."
- Unnamed story (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), Thecoffeeguru (COMPLETE!): "We'll just concoct ourselves a little hangover cure that'll induce him to spew red, white and blue, then."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Worse Possible Breakup Scenario), by Disco316 (COMPLETE!): Daria sighed. "I'm sorry, Trent, but I can't go on like this. I mean, the sex is great and I like getting stoned with you, but there's nothing else there anymore. It's not you, it's me. I'm just... looking for more than this."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Worse Possible Breakup Scenario), by Project Pegasus (COMPLETE!): Daria shifted the bag of potato chips and a half empty bottle of Arbor Mist under her arms as she walked toward the Lane's living room, eagerly anticipating the new episode of "Sick, Sad World" featuring a wide assortment of fertility drug mishaps. Just as she was passing the garage door, she heard Trent's voice obviously in great emotional distress. She pressed her ear against the door, not being able to resist the temptation to eavesdrop.
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Worse Possible Breakup Scenario), by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!): "I'm sorry, Helen," said Eric. "I can't pretend anymore, we have to break things off."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Worse Possible Breakup Scenario), by Thecoffeeguru (COMPLETE!): Tom woke up with a crick in his neck. He realized after a second or two that he was fully dressed, and in Daria's bed. A quick look at the clock told him that it was a little after 4 in the morning. You know, that's it. I've really tried to make it work with Daria, but it's like dating a shadow that occasionally kisses you, then feels guilty about it.
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: TGIF), by Greystar (COMPLETE!): "You are now the property of Lawndale High. Break the rules and you will suffer. Obey the rules and you will suffer less!"
- Unnamed story (Scenes that Should Be: Brains for Rent), by Ajar (COMPLETE!): Tomdide, driven out of his childhood home stumbled along, too unfamiliar with the real world to know how to get along. He slept in the gutter, girl-less and starving but satisfied in the belief that he always knew best. When he awoke the next day half frozen to death he decided to go to the next town called Lawn-berghoff-trarbkdikdorff in the hopes that he would meet someone who would take pity on him. Upon coming to an inn he noticed two people eying him. [Daria/Candide, a first!]
- Unnamed story (Scenes that Should Be: Brains for Rent), by NightGoblyn (COMPLETE!): Daria sat up straight in her chair, her face going pale. “Are you trying to tell us that the Ill . . . that your organization believes there’s a threat to the continued existence of civilization, that it’s beyond your resources to prevent, and that you want five random people to fix it?”