The International Committee for Adding Useless Holidays to the Calendar has declared that today is also National Chocolate Eclair Day, but no one wrote down how we are to celebrate it. Alas! Guess you should go have yourself a doughnut.
Off the top of my head, only one Daria fanfic had anything to do with chocolate eclairs. That was this one. Bon appetit.
NEWZ: Doggieboy's turn at the Iron Chef wheel, as he presents three new challenges for the Angst Lord Time-Trials Redux!
The "Second Coming of the New Ideas Thread" was just given a boost by newcomer Trscroggs, who has lots of wild new ideas for Daria fanfiction. Check it out.
- Sinspiration, by Vlora (Part 19): Daria slipped out of bed, her eyes shut against the morning and against the sound of a hair dryer running at its highest setting. She assumed correctly that she wouldn’t be allowed into the bathroom anytime soon. With this in mind, she dragged on the familiar outfit that she wore daily. Over the past few weeks, Jane had been working. And Trent had been working. The notion completely ruined her mind: two people who seemed entirely timeless were actually sticking to a timed schedule.
- Action Stories 3: Two Knights Defense, by NightGoblyn (COMPLETE!): “Everything is going to be okay,” Lynn said gently. She was half carrying Ronnie as they slipped out of the building and into the alley. The drug that had been used on the younger girl was still playing havoc with her system, causing her to stumble every couple of steps.
- Going Over Viagra Falls, or: Do You Feel a Draft? by TAG (COMPLETE!): “I must say I'm honored you've chosen to spend your valuable Saturday night with me,” said Jane as she walked up to the table and took a seat across from her dour friend. “What happened, amiga? Did you get a night off from nursing duty?”
- Helen Morgendorffer's Secret Past, by Kangaballs (Part 1): [Continued from here] "I'm sorry I talked you into the extacy, but honestly I really believe you have a chance with my brother. You two fit, you mesh well together, and you bring out the best in that lazy bum. I've seen you with him for years now, and I know the way you look at him, and the way you think. I also know that my brother may always be some mediocre band player for the rest of his life and never do anything else or have much of a rich future, but I truly believe you wouldn't judge him for that, and you are the only one that I'd trust wouldn't break his heart and leave him lonely forever."
- A Little Dab Will Do Ya, by Kangaballs (COMPLETE!): Daria woke up in a bed that she was not familiar with, and with dread filling her brain she looked under the covers to reveal that she had been sleeping completely naked. Ice shards of fear shot through her as intense as the blinding headache that she'd been feeling since she opened her eyes.
- M4, by Silver (COMPLETE!): The doors to Lawndale High School swing open. A young man enters. His name is unimportant. The fact the metal detectors start howling is. He raises the pistol in his hand, and cuts down the security guard. The guard manages to trigger the alarm anyways.
- Reaped Out, by Pinkminx (Part 13): The whole room seemed to move in slow motion, from the moment Tom had slipped to the echoing shotgun that had brought complete silence to the mall less than a minute had passed. Three figures stood out against the sea of crouched bodies near the safety railing on the top floor. They watched as time seemed to return to a normal pace and the people began to move as the understanding that something terrible had just happened began to sink in.
- Unnamed story (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by Project Pegasus (COMPLETE!): "But I swear," Tom said desperately as he pulled against his restraints, "I thought she was a feral pig eating a cow!"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Angst Lord Time-Trials Redux), by Derek (COMPLETE!): "In other news, the Morgendorffer sex scandal took a new turn today..."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: TGIF), Angelboy (Part 1, I hope!): Jane looked at the old picture from her high-school yearbook. She could have sworn that she had been sitting with Daria when that picture was taken, but there was no Daria in the picture. Flipping through the book, she frowned seeing that Daria wasn't in there at all.
- Unnamed story (Second Coming of the New Ideas Thread), by Trscroggs (Part 1, I hope!): Jane Lane walked morosely down the corridor after the school wide ‘mandatory’ memorial for Tommy Sherman. As she had expected, the memorial glossed over almost everything about Tommy, leaving only that he played football for the glory of Lawndale. She walked casually up to her locker, but checked to make sure she was alone before speaking to the open air. “Did you have something to do with this?”