Friday, May 25, 2012

Party On, Hoopy Froods!


It's Geek Pride Day! Celebrate by geeking out like Jesse, although don't let the Fashion Club catch you. Geeks everywhere get a double holiday, in fact, because today is also Towel Day, created in honor of the late science-fiction/humor writer Douglas Adams. All I can say is, forty-two!

Fanfic Update!
  • Apathymorphs: The Invasion, by JoeMerl (part 4): "Suddenly I heard a tapping sound. It took us all a moment to locate its source—a large, white-and-gray bird was hovering outside my kitchen window, flapping its wings to stay aloft as it tapped on the glass with its beak. We all glanced at each other before I approached. [Good, they see me! Now...how do I make them figure out who I am?] 'Upchuck?' Jodie’s jaw nearly fell to the floor. [...Oh. That was easier than I thought.]"

  • Beyond the Verdean Portal (Interstellar Portals - A worldbuilding scenario), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "They were now at a gateway, wondering what was inside. 'Should we go in captain?' one of the officer's asked. 'Absolutely! We have come this far. We cannot turn back now!'"

  • Blessings of the Moon -- Chapter 4, by Fhujeth_x (COMPLETE!): "Stacy immediately perked up, recognizing the guy who bumped into Sandi as her new, Jewish friend Tom and her sister Susie, 'Oh, guys!!' She was glad someone she could trust was here, 'This is my sister Susie, remember?' Pointing to her she then pointed to Tom, 'This is Tom! He's Jewish!'" (Part 3) (Part 4)

  • Bros (Scenes no Daria Fanfic should ever have-Now Springtime Fresh), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Brian Taylor's grin flashed red stains upon his bright white teeth, laying before him on the bed was a ruined husk that had once been his sister, they had had a lot of fun in the last hours of her life."

  • Clique Swap, by psychotol (part 36): "Syn: 'yeah. ... Cade, Deliah and me used to work for Rav, a Feeorin pirate. I grew up with me dad on Rav’s ship, going around looting worlds. That was just normal to me. Cade, we picked him up on our way to Ossus, a world that had a Jedi temple on it. Imps had just killed the Jedi there, we had no idea Cade was a Jedi or at that point I’d have killed him.'"

  • A Deadly Reunion (IC: Daria and Jane:Enemies at first sight), by RX-87 (COMPLETE!): "As America continues to mourn the loss of its first female president, shocking revelations have come to light that the late President Daria Morgendorffer-Sloane and her killer were not only residents of the same Baltimore suburb during their youth, they were in fact high school classmates."

  • Death of Memes (Scenes no Daria Fanfic should ever have-Now Springtime Fresh), by thatLONERchick (COMPLETE!): "'I will kill myself,' Daria decided, standing on the school roof and overlooking the campus. 'For I am an emo child, depressed that my self-inflicted isolation has led the world to misunderstand me. Also, I will disregard my intolerance for pain and thus slit my wrists, like so.'"

  • Ethan Yeager in Lawndale: Ch 6 Loud Desperation, by Shiva (parts 1 - 3): "Ethan went back over to the couch and sat down, Josh glanced at him and noticed that his boyfriend seemed worried. 'What’s up man?' Josh asked, concerned by the sudden change in demeanor. 'Mack’s coming over to talk.' Ethan said in a monotone that he rarely used anymore, 'Something’s happened and it doesn’t sound good.'" (Part 2) (Part 3)

  • Family New, by RLobinske (part 3): "Rita motioned for the stair step next to here. 'Have seat. Tell me a little about Daria.' Jane sat but said, 'You're her aunt.' Rita sighed. 'Daria's mother and I never got along very well and therefore, so we didn't see each other very often. Now...it's too late.'"

  • Judith Cosplay (Scenes no Daria Fanfic should ever have-Now Springtime Fresh), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Daria Morgendorffer glared at the basket that was filled with her clothes, or rather what had been her clothes. What remained was in ruins since someone (cough-QUINN-cough) had thrown in a dye packet and now everything was tye-dyed."

  • Lawndale School of Magic Part Three: Modeling, by Reven384 (COMPLETE!): "Ms. Li smiled as she approached the two members of the modeling agency. They looked at her and shook their heads at her lack of fashion. Ms. Li looked at them like a lioness ready to strike. She waved her hands and the two couldn’t move. 'You will leave my school,' she said."

  • Lost and Found, by Reven384 (prologue): "Stacy eeped as the plane shook violently. Quinn’s head darted around nervously as well. She was sure it was nothing but the plan shaking violently made her nervous when she was high in the air. The plane shook again. 'All passengers are to return to their seats at once,' said a shaky voice over the intercom, 'We are going down.'"

  • Only the Truth (Iron Chef: The Invention of Lying), by ST91 (parts 1 and 2): "'Hi. I'm Daria Morgendorffer. I'm a 16-years-old cynical, sarcastic teenager. In truth, my way of doing is just a deception. I'm too smart and sensitive to live happily in this world , so I use my way of being like an armor to keep everyone away and avoid being hurt. I believe that the cause of this attitude can be attributed to my family....'" (Part 2)

  • A Resentful Cynic Ch. 3 The curse of Middleton, by ST91 (part 5): "She walked faster and faster as to beat the tears that were about to get off her face. Don't cry. Don't cry. You swore that you wouldn't have allowed them to reduce you in this state anymore. Unfortunately Daria failed and began to cry."

  • TDJS CH. 2 Interlude, by ST91 (COMPLETE!): "Alright Jake, you have to behave like a good father and chat with your son. The argument doesn’t matter now, it’s important to form a real bond with your kid. You don’t have to be like that cold-hearted rat bastard. The thoughts of his father ran wild. You won’t be a nightmare for him! You won’t undermine his self-esteem by sending him to a lousy military school because he’s not man enough for you! You don’t have too..."

  • To Annoy a Mockingbird. Chapter 05, by BF110C4 (part 6.3): "Biting her tongue, Daria stopped the sarcastic remark that threatened to leave her lips and instead introduced properly. 'Hi, I’m Daria, and this is my partner in crime Jane, I believe that we were invited by Heather.' Upon realizing recognizing the names her whole demeanor changed, the scowl faded and was replaced with something that could pass for a warm smile... for a jackal."

  • Undying Love, by BrownEyedBagel (part 4): "Jane lost herself in her thoughts. It wasn’t like it was the first time she had torn a live person apart with her hands. It wasn’t the first time she had devoured a human being. Hell, it wasn’t even the first time she had entered a carnal rage right in front of Daria; most of her meals came from her anyway. What bothered her was that this was the first time that she had lost control in her studio."

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: The Invention of Lying), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Mack took a drink of his soda, and looked right into Jodie's eyes. 'I'll tell you this - the first time I see Daria after I graduate, if she says anything that even remotely comes across as 'yes', I'm taking her off somewhere, and working that like it's my summer job to pay for my books and rent come college in the fall.' 'I can see that,' Jodie agreed. 'I'm going to make a point of running into her either next summer, or during the Christmas break of my Sophomore year. I bet she's like a honey badger in bed.'"

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: The Invention of Lying), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "'So Quinn, will you go on a date with us?' the Three Js asked. 'What? Are you crazy?' Quinn asked."

  • Unamed story (Stories with Helen taking what she deserves), by 11tee (COMPLETE!): "Helen mounted the stairs gingerly, trying not to see what lay before her. That's when she saw the note."

  • Unnamed story (This can't be the start of a round robin... IS IT?!), by Fhujeth_x (part 1): "Tiffany headed towards the breakfast table. Her mind was set on attending school, but first she had to make sure she was well fed for the day. After all, her mother always said; 'Girl, you better eat yo' food or I'm gonna slap you 'cross the face, ya hear?'"

  • Vive Le Boom (Scenes no Daria Fanfic should ever have-Now Springtime Fresh), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Daria heard her cellphone ringing. Without her glasses, she felt blindly for it until she found it on the bedstand. She mumbled, 'Hello?' 'Daria?' It was Quinn. 'Where the hell are you?'"

  • Vivian, by ST91 (part 3): "She's back, she's back. I'm not dreaming. She's back after all this years ... after she .... she... thought Brittany while tears ran down her cheeks. After she has left you... said another voice in his head. Immediately the whirlwind of emotions that had overwhelmed Brittany disappeared and left space for another emotion: anger."

  • Welcome to the Green Room, by TheExcellentS (COMPLETE!): "Daria and Jane clinked their soda cups. To the rest of their lives. Then... there was light. Before either Daria or Jane could comprehend what was happening, the light consumed them and all around them. Until there was nothing."

  • What Did You Do During The War, Daria?, by echopapa (part 4): "Heading for the danger zone, Daria thought quickly. She knew that there was no way she was going to dump Jane in the middle of a firefight, but she also knew that Jane was stubborn and would indeed follow her unless..."


No comments: