Daria's all dolled up in her finest in honor of the anniversary of Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, which was published in the United States on this day in 1885. I absolutely get why Daria would be a Twain fan--they have the same dry sense of humor--but her strong opinions on Huckleberry Hound came as a bit of a surprise.
Also on this day in 2000, we got to see "Behind the Scenes with Daria" and, if you didn't, then I guess you're out of luck because there appear to be no clips, transcripts, or anything like that. Can anyone point me to anything more substantial than the occasional online reference?
- American Idiot, by Lady Evil (parts 5 and 6): "At Daria's house, the family was eating dinner while raptly listing to Quinn prattle on about how wonderful her day was, Well, the parents were, anyway." (Part 6)
- Blocked (Linn's short stories (or ficlets, drabbles...)), by linnofthewoods (COMPLETE!): "Trent and Rose Lane had spent a wonderful month as newlyweds. They were continuing to happily settle into their new life and new routines."
- Cat in the Cradle (Linn's short stories (or ficlets, drabbles...)), by linnofthewoods (COMPLETE!): "It was 11:30 AM. Many of New York City's denizens had been hustling since before dawn, but not Trent Lane."
- Daria: Winter Is Coming, by Meester_Lee (part 24): "The nurses at the hospital’s Emergency Room finally got around to checking Ben back in as a patient over an hour and a half after he’d been taken there by ambulance."
- I STAY, by O-L-D-D (part 4): "‘Okay this is not good; this is not good at all. Why did you even come here -you don’t know any of these people, not really! You think you’re smarter than them but you’re not, dammit! What does that even mean? Being smart doesn’t mean shit and you’re an idiot for thinking so!’"
- Job Dissatisfaction (Life Goes On), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "On 50th street directly across from Radio City Music Hall is a building with a familiar rainbow colored peacock logo on the front. The network is called CBN, the Corporate Broadcasting Network (for copyright reasons, and to avoid a defamation suit)." (Part 2)
- Mack and Joey: How They Met, Dated, Married, and Wound Up Working In a Certain Industry... (Random Pairing Challenge 2021), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "When our fans first found out that we both went to the same high school, the question that was asked was if we had dated back then."
- Mi Amiga (Creative Writing - My class submissions), by neonhomer (part 2): "I can’t believe I spent an hour on the phone talking to someone, much less a girl! The conversation started off really awkward. I think she was as nervous as I was."
- Opportunity Rings (Linn's short stories (or ficlets, drabbles...)), by linnofthewoods (parts 1 - 3): "Phew! Rose thought as she was finally able to relax for the evening after cooking dinner for her parents, followed by cleaning the whole kitchen." (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Closing Walls of Schloss Morgendorffer and Casa Lane), by Lord Goring (COMPLETE!): "'Hey Jane' 'Bonsour. To what do I owe the please of your phone call, m'amie?'"
- Wizards Off the Coast (General "Daria in Morrowind" Thread), by welltemperedclavier (COMPLETE!): "They called Sadrith Mora a city, but it looked more like a fungal nightmare that had erupted and grown until it covered half of the rocky island it called home."