Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fall Back!


In those areas that observe it, Daylight Saving Time ended earlier today. That means the clocks got set back one hour, giving us all one extra hour of sleep. Daria, I'm sure, is grateful for that.

Fanfic Update!
  • Be Careful What You Wish For (SFMB), by Doggieboy (part 2): "'We’ll see him and Tan tomorrow night,' Scarlett said. 'He wants us involved in his next wish. Maybe we can be a positive influence over him.' John sighed as he turned onto a highway. 'I hope so,' he said and glanced at Scarlett. 'I really don’t like the thought of what he could have that genie do when he’s too excited.'" (PPMB)

  • The Beginning of Our Story, by ST91 (part 7): "'Elizabeth , I swear it to you. Now please tell me why you do not want to get glasses.' There were a few seconds of silence and then the girl said: 'Because I'm afraid'"

  • Daria and Whiskers, by Doggieboy (COMPLETE!): "Daria Morgendorffer shuffled under the thick blue comforter and hummed in her sleep from the warmth. Her breathing was smooth and she was not yet in a snoring mode The ticking of the alarm clock was soft; the blue neon numbers filled the room with a very soft light."

  • Five Minutes to Midnight - 11:56, by untra (parts 7 - 9): "'Daria, the Bible club was going to have a friendly ice cream social to invite new members, and I was wondering if you would-' 'No.' 'Please Daria?' Quinn begged. 'You're so alone all the time, and I'm concerned about-' 'Don't pity me Quinn. It kills me a little when you take pity on me.'" (Part 8) (Part 9)


  • Homeless Daria Episode 4: Cafe Dispossessedo, by RX-87 (part 3): "'Interesting...' Daria fumed, 'More so even than threats of police brutality and the prospect of landing in Juvenile Hall.' 'Hey, you think that's brutality you ain't seen shit,' the cop laughed sardonically, 'You should see what they do to kids like you way down south of the border where my family came from.'"

  • Lawndale and Sandi Griffin’s Genie (Chapter 6), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "'And then what? We find the person who has the emerald. What happens then?' Stacy asked. 'We keep an eye on them, ensure that they don’t wish for anything that would be detrimental to Lawndale as a whole,' Samara said. 'Good plan,' Stacy said."

  • A QB Grows in Lawndale, by Kristen Bealer (part 1): "Brittany glared at him. 'Yes, it does! My Kevvy is a football leader of men. My Kevvy wouldn't let the whole team down. My Kevvy wouldn't let Lawndale become a loser town!' She walked away, and for just a moment Kevin thought about calling her back. Then he remembered what he'd said to Mack just minutes before. They look up to me. He thought about the football team, and then he thought about all those kids. He made up his mind. 'Sorry, Mack Daddy,' he said as he turned his attention back to his friend. 'I've just gotta do this, you know?'"

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef (SC): The Hootenanny), by Gouka Ryuu and ST91 (parts 2 and 3): "'Wow, for such a sleaze-bag, who knew Upchuck had such a good singing voice?' Commented Jane, actually looking rather intrigued. 'The voice of an angel, the mentality of a dog in heat.' Commented Daria idly, not really caring. Jane was just about to comment when there was a yell. 'NOOOOOO!! KILL ME INSTEAD! I CAN'T LIVE THROUGH IT AGAIN!'" (Part 3)

No comments: