Thursday, November 17, 2011

"I can't take it anymore! I'm going on a hike!"


Today is Take A Hike Day! DeMartino is observing the holiday with his usual...enthusiasm, so why not join him? Unless you're too busy hand-kneading some delicious oatmeal pumpkin seed loaf in honor of Homemade Bread Day. I won't tell Willow or Coyote if you decide to use the bread machine instead.

Fanfic Update!
  • The Author as a Lesbian, Season 3, by DeacBlue (parts 11 and 12): "When she came back down, she looked straight at her daughter. 'So what do you need, Daria?' Daria gave a Mona Lisa smile. 'Jane'll explain.' Jane smiled. 'Helen, we've loved living here with you, but we all have felt that we are squeezing your family a bit. We were wondering about any advice you'd have on maybe getting a place of our own?'" (Part 12)

  • The Beginning of Our Story, by ST91 (part 8): "'Me too. Jane I know that we know only a few hours but I think that could work between us so ... want to be my girlfriend?' 'Your girlfriend? So let’s see a little bit: I just met a guy, cute, smart, sarcastic, and that kiss really well ...' 'Don’t forget martial arts expert.'"

  • Daria - Double Down, by neonhomer (parts 2 - 4): "'What is it Daria? I’m really busy.' Helen said as she didn’t even look up from her notepad. 'It’s about my sister...' started Daria. 'What has Quinn done now?' 'No, my *other* sister.'" (Part 3) (Part 4)

  • God Save The Esteem ep37: CSI Don't Care, by Charles RB (part 5): "'You think the Morgue’s been hijacked?' Tom had taken the call and made Daria very happy by understanding the situation without interrupting her, pointing out flaws, or being Quinn. 'It’s a cunning plan. Take it away from the public, then provide access to all the notes for a fee – and at this school, that’s a big fee in the same way the Grand Canyon is a big hole.'"

  • In My World, by 45Ranger (part 9): "'So girls, how was your first day?' Quinn spoke up first. 'It was pretty good. I met some nice people to start off. They’ve made me Vice-President of the Fashion Club. I was also offered a spot on the Pep Squad without an audition, but I told them I had already made one commitment, let me balance that with my academics and see how that works out. By the way Daria, Sandi wanted me to extend an invitation to you, on her behalf, to join as well. She’d like to talk to you tomorrow if you have the time. If not I invited them over after school tomorrow.'"

  • LLH Mini - Hacking, by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "'I do...things.' Dynell smiled. 'What kind of things?' Kendra asked. 'Or better yet - what kind of things will we be doing?' 'I'll be asking for your assistance on a highly-individualized set of activities that fall under no specific category. Some mundane. Some fascinating. Some tedious. And some...very dangerous.' Kendra and Chadni exchanged looks. 'If you're interested,' Dynell said. All five girls looked at each other. 'Oh yeah,' Gwen said. 'I'm interested.'"

  • My Little Phantom Daria with Princess Peach! (Crossovers Still Crossing Over), by OverlordMikey (COMPLETE!): "Daria looks at Jane [Daria] beside her 'This has to be a dream.' 'I don’t know Amiga- try punching me! If it’s a dream I’ll know - if not it’s drug.' The scene flashes to Jane being punched by Daria who stands over her with a malicious grin. Before flashing back to the two standing before Princess Peach [Mario]. 'That’d explain the mushroom men.'"

  • A QB Grows in Lawndale, by Kristen Bealer (part 5): "Kevin fidgeted in his chair as he looked around the nearly empty room. It was the day before Thanksgiving, and almost all of the kids had gone home right after school for the holiday weekend. Except for one. Ten minutes earlier, the boy had dragged himself into the gym and dropped into a seat on the other side of the room, dropping his bookbag on the floor at his feet as he slumped forward and stared at the floor. He hadn't moved or said anything since."

  • Quinn Spirit Detective, by Reven384 (part 3): "Botan grabbed her hand and started dragging her through town. Quinn started to feel nauseous when she saw where they were. They ended up at Sandi Griffin’s house. Botan couldn’t be serious. 'You want me to help her after all the vicious things she’s said about me. The girl has practically wished for me to die. After the way she treated Stacy you want me to help her!' Quinn yelled."

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria and Jane in your Home Town), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "'Well Jane,' Daria said, 'what do you think about Atlanta?' 'Don't do it,' Jane said. 'Sure they've got the Braves, but it's a third-rate symphony.' 'Oh, so you saw the same Futurama episode? What do you really know?'"

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria and Jane in your Home Town), by RX-87 (COMPLETE!): "'I dunno. I mean, that art gallery was pretty crazy. Even the lobby. I kept expecting a sandworm to come up out of it and devour me. Hey, before we go in, I wanna make sure I know which street Bloor is. I know we gotta go further west on it from here to get to the club where Trent's playing tonight.' Jane said as they approached the museum steps. 'I think it's the one up here...' Daria said as they walked north, 'Yeah, see, there's the street sign and-oh my god.'"

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria and Jane in your Home Town), by Staren (COMPLETE!): "Quinn looked at her parents incredulously. 'What do you mean there's no beach!? This supposed to be Key West Florida!' she whined."

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria and Jane in your Home Town), by tafka (COMPLETE!): "Daria looked at Jane incredulously. 'It’s not even a paddlesteamer. You know, the thing this town is known for. The entire point of us coming here in the first place.' Jane just shrugged. 'Look, how was I to know that they’d actually be popular, or that you had to book them weeks in advance? This was the only one with any tickets left, let alone enough for your family. Although, now that it has left the docks, I’m beginning to see why.'"

No comments: