Arbor Day, so get out there and hug a tree. Or, better yet, plant one! Holiday Island Arbor Day would also like to know if his sandals really look that bad.
This is also Hug an Australian Day, so all those Daria fans from down under had better start running. O'Neill's looking pretty touchy-feely today.
- Abattoir Blues (1): The Hitman and Her, by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "He gives me one of those looks that says 'you're seriously asking me that? Really?' and I finally get what he's trying to say. 'Oh my God, are you saying he has a job for me?"
- Almost Like Depth, by SacredDust (part 1): "Forest green! Now that was something she didn't see enough of. Like trees and leaves...and her sister's jacket. I wonder where Daria is now, she thought."
- ARC Ch.6 Drowned in a cappuccino, by ST91 (part 6): "'Nothing in particular, I came here to make a donation.' Hearing those words Angela had to restrain herself from jumping on the Adonis she had in front of her, tear off his clothes and own him in any way permitted by physical laws."
- As Though She Had Done It All Before..., by Shiva (part 7): "'He doesn't know what it means...' An old woman screamed as the last seconds of her life flew by, as she was hurled through the air."
- The Double-Crossed Girls, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): "'No.' Sandi moved to stand in front of Val. Stacy, now leaning against a set of lockers and beginning to breathe normally, froze in fear at Sandi's dangerous tone. 'But--' Brittany gave Sandi her best puppy-dog eyes. In return, Sandi gave Brittany her best 'I will tear your pigtails right out of your scalp' glare. 'Get. Lost.'" (Part 3)
- Fate/Lawndale Codes, by Silver (part 4): "Lancer, for his part, looked bewildered. Daria looked between the servant and Jane, her expression gradually getting more and more irate as she did. 'You two have met?'"
- Holy Trouble, by januense (part 1): "'JANE LANE! WAKE UP!!!' The third time, the voice was just as loud as before and NOT of this world. Maybe to underline the request it was followed by a lightning bolt that hit Jane's bed, almost destroying it."
- Inspiration (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'I give up.' Daria complained while crumpling up paper from her notebook and wadding it up into a ball."
- It's Esteem, as in Esteeeeeem! (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'How dare they put me in here with the losers?!' Val fumed to herself as she took a seat in O'Neill's classroom after school was supposed to be over."
- The Mageborn Cynic: Part 3, by peetz5050 (part 2): "Trent made his way back to his horse and rode away. He had never been comfortable with the duty his father had laid on his shoulders, as the younger son he had thought he would have been able to devote himself to music and... to be honest with himself... drinking and carousing, dancing sleeping and occasionally... oh and perhaps a little gambling too."
- The Punk and the Snark, by Shiva (part 5): "'Bob, you know your way to a girl's heart.' Daria said as she looked at him from across their candlelit table."
- Tiffany as a Brain (Scenes that should be: Polite Requests), by Shiva (part 3): "'I thought you said Lawndale was lonely for you?' Daria asked Tiffany quietly after she had been introduced to Andrea Hebuca and Jane Lane."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Shockfest 2007!), by GDTSP (COMPLETE!): "Jodie Landon dived face first into her bed. As she had expected, she had failed to convince her parents to have the holidays off. There was no time to sulk, however, as she still had a history paper to write, along with 'urgent' work from two different extra-curricular activities."(Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6)
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Like in most horror movies it was a dark and stormy night, the lightning crackled through the windows, revealing the silhouette of a boy walking through a living room with something shiny and sharp in her hands."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Silver (COMPLETE!): "'Everybody's dead, Jane.'"