Happy birthday to the late figure skater Sonja Henie, born on this day in 1912. Henie was not only a multiple Olympic Champion but also a film star. Not bad for a "jock," eh, Quinn?
- Curing Jealousy, by Shiva (part 16): "Sandro nodded and replied, 'Hello Miss Morgendorffer, I was just looking for Darin. But now that I think about it, maybe you could give me some advice.'"
- Daria and Jane: On North Korea and Kim Jong-un (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Jane: 'So Daria, you think that the North Koreans are actually going to go to war this time?'"
- Daria's World, by baelparagon (part 3): "The phone rang three times, like it always did before a familiar voice answered the phone. 'Yeah? Who's calling?' Daria smirked at the question/response, having missed it after nearly a month."
- Darius Taylor, by Shiva (part 6): "'Uh Dad? Can I have a quick work.' 'Sure sport!' Steve Taylor answered while grabbing his briefcase, 'What about?' 'I was thinking about having a little party for my friends sometime this summer, you know something that'll let them escape the boring party circuit.'"
- Fight Like Hell, by Shull Bitter (part 3): "In the dark she couldn't see well enough to know if she'd collected everything. She braced herself to look up from her laundry, look down the corridor. Nothing there. But suddenly the air felt thick and warm behind her. She felt it caress the back of her neck and smelled that awful odor and—"
- The Final Appointment, by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "The car pulled up in front of the hospital. Well, it wasn't a real hospital. Specifically, it was the Lawndale Pet Hospital. Daria stepped out of her car and shut the door. Trying her best to stifle the tears, she opened the back door and reached in for the cat carrier."
- Irony Maiden 02, by BF110C4 (part 2): "Jane turned to see a girl in a somewhat fancy suit, wearing nasty looking Doc Martens and a putting on some mechanic gloves left in one of the tables, without any further words examined the engine, playing with her glasses as she did so. 'Do you have some glue available? A one-part adhesive will prevent any further damage without sacrificing structural integrity.'"
- LSD, by PrecambrianStudios (part 4): "'This is an absolute disaster!' Ms. Li roared to the Executive of Education board member's face. 'How can I possibly be expected to manage two schools! I don't even know sign language!'"
- Lunch at Crestmore (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'So who's Jane?' Jodie asked as Daria took her seat at the table in the small diner that tended to serve the students from nearby Crestmore U. Darin answered, 'She's fine, now that she's settled in at BFAC.'"
- Mackbeth, by SinisterExaggerator (part 4): "MACKBETH: To speak of speaking: tell us who--Rubs eyes--no, what--you are! WITCH MORRIS: All hail, Mackbeth! Hail, captain of Lawndale!"
- One (More) Little Thing Part 2, by peetz5050 (part 18): "Evelyn Barksdale had a headache, another headache, it was every blessed day now and the tablets just didn't work anymore and they were getting worse."
- Pet Peeve (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "Daria entered the hotel, brandishing a large pet carrier in her hand. The clerk could barely take a glimpse of what looked like a cat inside. It looked somewhat large for its species, but he paid it no mind and focused on business."
- The Punk and the Prep, by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'Tom,' Bob said to his lover, 'I though you didn't like boxing.'"
- Rude Awakening Ep 13: The Hiring Game, by DIsaac (part 4): "TOM: Wait, I remember a guy that year that climbed the flagpole drunk with a rainbow wig with some day of the week undies. I think they said Tuesday but the incident happened on a Friday. CLAYTON: That was me."
- Tiffany as a Brain, by Shiva (part 2): "'Well my parents moved to Lawndale last year but this is my first real experience at a public school.' Tiffany explained to Daria as they ate their inedible school food during lunch. 'So you were homeschooled?' Daria asked."
- Twin Tracks (chapter 4), by oni (part 2): "Pulling up to Stacy's house, Sandi found the Rowe's mailbox covered in egg yolk with pieces of the egg shell laying on the ground below. She frowned at it for a moment before walking up to their front door."
- Untitled (Scenes that should be: Polite Requests), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'So what do you think of the band?' the girl asked her while taking a drag of her cigarette, not giving a crap about the whole 'you can't smoke indoors thing'."
- Victor Morgendorffer, by Shiva (part 9): "'You know Vic, you never told us why you don't like that other sister of yours so much.' Victor sighed, 'True, and it's kind of complicated.'"